My New Halon 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
    The weight is there but IMHO a wash with accessories. It's 10 ounces heavier than my Chill R. I don't use a bow quiver and I have a sling for long walks etc. I don't see it being a problem.
    I guess it depends on what you call a long walk!

on a big mountain hunt we cover 40 miles minimum over a 4 or 5 day hunt in some rough country chasing sambar or in NZ chasing tahr, when you get to something like that ounces matter.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
      I spent an hour at WHA setting mine up . . . . hope to hunt right after xmas with my brother in law.

only shot enough to get a bullet hole and the peep and kisser set.

Woke up saturday morning to shoot it in.

First three shots at center low 5" and left 2" all three arrows touching
      Second three shots 2" low and left 2" all three arrows touching
      Third three shots left 2" all touching
      Fourth slight adjustment to center of the ring

Went back to start shooting for practice and first arrow I hear a pop. Once I compose myself I start looking for the arrow to make sure there isn't someone dead i find it a few yards directly to my right with a busted nock. Either I didn't clip the arrow on fully or the nock fell apart (which is more likely)

So my first halon, which was shooting lights out died in 30 minutes of it's first shooting session!
      That's a bummer. I bet you clipped that nock with one of the other arrows since you said they were touching after each 3 shot group.

Comment

Originally posted by JPHunting View Post
        I guess it depends on what you call a long walk!

on a big mountain hunt we cover 40 miles minimum over a 4 or 5 day hunt in some rough country chasing sambar or in NZ chasing tahr, when you get to something like that ounces matter.

True no doubt. Ounces are pounds and pounds are pain. I wish I had somewhere to hunt that I could test the pain lol.

Comment

True no doubt. Ounces are pounds and pounds are pain. I wish I had somewhere to hunt that I could test the pain lol.
          There's a lot of land over here you can hunt!

hard work particularly on elusive sambar but we don't have the altitude you guys do so at least there's no altitude sickness.

Comment

Well the new weapon came in and I got it setup today at CCR. Halon 6 70#. First shot through paper was a bullet hole. And the first group after sighting-in had all arrows touching. That'll do. That'll do. Thanks to CCR tech Kyle for being amazing as always.

[ATTACH]763340[/ATTACH]
            I just ordered mine today and I cannot wait for it to come in. I was able to split an arrow with it while practicing. It sure felt great!

Comment

Bare shafts and fletched shafts within 2" @ 20 yards. Had a lot of coffee so the disparity was probably me.

Comment

I've had mine for since Thansgiving! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                  That's a bummer. I bet you clipped that nock with one of the other arrows since you said they were touching after each 3 shot group.
                  exactly what i think i did

Comment

I spent an hour at WHA setting mine up . . . . hope to hunt right after xmas with my brother in law.

only shot enough to get a bullet hole and the peep and kisser set.

Woke up saturday morning to shoot it in.

First three shots at center low 5" and left 2" all three arrows touching
                    Second three shots 2" low and left 2" all three arrows touching
                    Third three shots left 2" all touching
                    Fourth slight adjustment to center of the ring

Went back to start shooting for practice and first arrow I hear a pop. Once I compose myself I start looking for the arrow to make sure there isn't someone dead i find it a few yards directly to my right with a busted nock. Either I didn't clip the arrow on fully or the nock fell apart (which is more likely)

So my first halon, which was shooting lights out died in 30 minutes of it's first shooting session!

Did it damage the bow, other than a busted string? I can't see the limbs or cams well enough in the picture to see if they suffered damage. If they were damaged are they covered under warranty?

Comment

My New Halon 6

Bows a tack driver. My favorite bow since the z7. Excellent speed without destroying the draw cycle.

No damage to the bow the string burst I'm sure that saved the cams. No warranty it was my fault so I paid for the new strings. I've a few hundred arrows through it since then.

Comment

Nice rig, good luck tell Zac I said hello.

Comment

Bows a tack driver. My favorite bow since the z7. Excellent speed without destroying the draw cycle.

No damage to the bow the string burst I'm sure that saved the cams. No warranty it was my fault so I paid for the new strings. I've a few hundred arrows through it since then.

I'll agree with tack driver. Also it's so quiet it's spooky.

Comment

That's the exact setup I'm getting for next year! Congrats on a nice bow!

Comment

What sight is that on your bow txdukklr?

Comment

Originally posted by droptine1 View Post
                                What sight is that on your bow txdukklr?

That's an Axcel. Shawn shoots a slider like I do. I shoot the MBG Ambush Ascend. Both work the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X