No announcement yet.

Controlled burning and planting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to try wheat, some corn, some milo and sunflowers. I'll do native and another mix along same line to see if maybe one will regrow. I do want to have it where I don't have to work on it yearly.

Probably going to do something along these lines. I'm not too far off from where wings over Dayton used to be. Wants field we can use yearly since we really don't use this property at all except for some mares to pasture every so often.

Comment

If you don't want to replant or have to disk plant native sunflowers. But they really should have been planted last month or before for best results this year. Mix in some partridge pea if you do that. No replanting Needed if they get established. Brown top millet could probably be broadcasted and drug before a good rain with good results. Sunflowers and milo would have to be disked. They need to be about about 1/2 inch down.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'tll be disked this week, just paying te guy who bakes for us. Cheaper to pay him a couple of hours than buy a disc I may use every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          I'm planting today before the rain tomorrow. I plant black oil sunflowers, and get the $15/40# BAGS from TSC. You need to be able to cover the seeds. If you can get a no till drill, you could go that route, or you will need to till the ground, spread, cover.
          So, the black oil sunflower seeds from Tractor Suppoy that are sold as bird feed will germinate and grow if planted? I saw a bunch at my TS today, $17/bag. But the bag said "bird food"

Comment

Yep. That is what u plant

Comment

When would expect the plant heads to seed out ?

Comment

My sunflowers are up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried tilling a few weeks back and it was too wet.. now It has rained twice from when I initially tried to till.. so now Im even more delayed.

I have sacks of Sunflower, milo, sorghum, wheat and corn.. Now should I wait and try to till in a few weeks if it dries up or say **** it. Seed and see how it goes?

Comment

Double posted.
                    Last edited by Azzy; 04-15-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Welp. Dry enough to disc today and tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't rain and seeding Friday finally

Comment

My dove plot went in last Sunday...

Comment

looks nice

Comment

Working...
                          X