Suppressor - trust vs individual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    So, for a guy that is single, has no heirs, and doesn’t plan on loaning out their suppressor to anyone and plans to be with anyone other than themselves when it is in use, what is the advantage of the trust?
    Go individual. Or pay $25 and go through SS and get their one shot trust, just in case you ever change your mind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wouldn’t the probate attorney or the estate handle this. If I was to leave to buddy, i would think if they really wanted it, they can pay for the inheritance.

I honestly just don’t see the benefit in my situation of a trust. Put yourself in my shoes and me wrong.
      Fixing what was supposed to read above in red.

Not saying I don’t have stuff to leave to folks, just don’t not too concerned about paying extra $$$ for something that isn’t necessarily needed IMHO, unless there is a compelling stpr6 otherwise.

Comment

Not saying I don’t have stuff to leave to folks, just don’t not too concerned about paying extra $$$ for something that isn’t necessarily needed IMHO, unless there is a compelling stpr6 otherwise.
        You've ignored the logic in this thread so far. I say go with your original plan and file as an individual.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          You've ignored the logic in this thread so far. I say go with your original plan and file as an individual.
          Please point out the “logic” I ignored in this thread as it pertains to my situation. Maybe I am missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
            Or pay $25 and go through SS and get their one shot trust, just in case you ever change your mind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            I would like to hear more about this. Thanks.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what is your hang up for getting a trust done for $300?

If you only plan to buy a single NFA item a trust probably doesn’t make sense. Otherwise I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to.

In the big scheme it’s a small amount of $$ if you plan to own multiple NFA items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My hang up is all the reasons I have already stated. It seems the trust is best in place if you plan of sharing with others, possession issues, and benefitial to heirs. All those do not apply in my case. I only plan on havening on multipurpose can. Maybe another in the far future, but it would be a stretch (would be over 24 months). With our without the trust, I would still have to submit $200 and over the 24 months, would have to go thru the paperwork requirements anyways.

Comment

My hang up is all the reasons I have already stated. It seems the trust is best in place if you plan of sharing with others, possession issues, and benefitial to heirs. All those do not apply in my case. I only plan on havening on multipurpose can. Maybe another in the far future, but it would be a stretch (would be over 24 months). With our without the trust, I would still have to submit $200 and over the 24 months, would have to go thru the paperwork requirements anyways.

The only hangup I see you have when skimming through your posts is the minor cost of the trust.

There is no downside to having a trust regardless.

Comment

Can you create a trust without a benefitiary? Seeing I do not have one.

Comment

That I cant answer, but I know who can.

Comment

Originally posted by greenheadless View Post
                        can you create a trust without a benefitiary? Seeing i do not have one.
                        512-751-3229

Comment

It was a rhetorical question.

Comment

Can you create a trust without a benefitiary? Seeing I do not have one.
                            You can put me as your beneficiary.

Comment

All of my NFA items are in my trust. Wouldn’t do it any other way.

Comment

It was a rhetorical question.
                                showing up and asking people to prove you wrong so you can pop off seems like trolling.
                                Don't want a trust? Don't get one. Easy peasy Japanesey.

There's a bazillion pages on the internet of the benefits of a trust and it's pretty straightforward stuff. Why do you need a personalized, one-on-one debate about it?
                                Why do you need a hand-holding by a third party on the internet about the Silencer Shop's trust and acquisition process? Go over there and ask them about it... or read about it on their website if you don't want to get up from in front of your computer and put clothes on.

Comment

Working...
                                X