Prickly Pepper Venison Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prickly Pepper Venison Steaks

This is a little something different, but the flavors all mix very well together. Just be sure to use enough salt (whether it's salt, soy sauce, or Worcestershire sauce) and pair it up with the bell peppers and onions and rice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22 Prickly Pepper Venison Steaks 420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	25129794

Here are the full details: http://www.mywildkitchen.com/prickly...enison-steaks/

Next recipe coming up will be Prickly Pear Margaritas!

That looks really good, but there is no way I am going through that trouble to make prickly pear jelly. Do you sell the jelly?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
      That looks really good, but there is no way I am going through that trouble to make prickly pear jelly. Do you sell the jelly?
      No, but Mrs. JS shared her link for prickly pear jelly too. It can be much simpler. I just didn't want to waste anything. Check out her method here, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MJN_Yy18F4o

And she does sell some, too.

Comment

Wow! Coachs Wife, I came here to search your post for maybe a venison crockpot receipe, for something different for Saturday night. But this will work great. And I just so happen to have some prickly pear jelly in the fridg.

Do you think if I started marinated them for 24+ hrs, that would be to long? Thinking I could do it before I leave Friday and keep in a ziplock. If not I could do it after the morning hunt on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
          Do you think if I started marinated them for 24+ hrs, that would be to long? Thinking I could do it before I leave Friday and keep in a ziplock. If not I could do it after the morning hunt on Sat.
          I think 24 hours would be good. I just wouldn't add the salt/lime ingredients until about 2 hours before cooking. I worry about the acid starting to cook the meat and making it tough, but I know fajita marinades in the store have salt/lime and they sit in it for weeks, so maybe I'm worried about nothing.

Comment

Just took the last package of steaks out to thaw in the fridge, and put the peppers on the grocery list. I'll let you know Sunday morning how they turned out. Thanks Noel

Comment

These turned out great. Even had the neighbors over for dinner. I marinated friday morning before I left and vacuum packed for the trip. Cooked on saturday evening after the hunt.

Comment

that looks really good.

Comment

You are on a prickly pear rampage... I guess you gotta get all the mileage out of poked and stained fingers that you can get

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
                    No, but Mrs. JS shared her link for prickly pear jelly too. It can be much simpler. I just didn't want to waste anything. Check out her method here, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MJN_Yy18F4o

And she does sell some, too.
                    Thanks for the plug!! Yes I will sell ya some or help in any way I can for you to make it yourself. Just let me know

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

That venison recipe looks amazing and I cannot wait to try it!

Comment

You're right. I have one more prickly post recipe and then the series will be over (for now). They just all fed off of each other.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X