Global warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
    As long as we keep replacing forests and grasslands with concrete and houses we will continue to have more carbon in our atmosphere...and less oxygen. In my lifetime I have seen our cities expand far and beyond where there limits once were...and the trees and prairies disappear. I hate to see what the next 50 years will bring.
    It is called the Urban Heat Island Effect...which is a real deal. There is a concrete now that allows absorption and allows the natural process of the water cycle!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
      It is called the Urban Heat Island Effect...which is a real deal. There is a concrete now that allows absorption and allows the natural process of the water cycle!
      But without all the oxygen in return. It's a start!

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
        So! Since the liberals over exaggerate and make stupid statements we should just say screw it and pollute our *** off?

It's just as stupid to think we have no effect on our planet. You can drive through any major city and see the smog and pollution. I drove through DFW on my way to Tulsa and all the signs warned about a orange air alert. I guess that's great for the planet.

It doesn't matter if we agree whether or not our planet and climate are being harmed. We should all want to protect it as much as we can. Does that mean to go overboard? No! Can we make an impact one way or another? Yes!
        The reason for air quality alerts is due to temperature inversion. Hardly a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          The reason for air quality alerts is due to temperature inversion. Hardly a good example.
          It represents the amount of air pollution. So if its saying the air is unhealthy for certain people that's not good.

Comment

I have no idea whether climate change is driven by money or politics. However, I don't see the problem in taking better care of our planet.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
              I have no idea whether climate change is driven by money or politics. However, I don't see the problem in taking better care of our planet.
              99% of Americans and 1st world countries agree.
              The problem is 3rd world and developing countries could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
                It represents the amount of air pollution. So if its saying the air is unhealthy for certain people that's not good.
                That could stand true in the middle of nowhere west Texas with a farmer plowing a field and the dust can't dissipate due to temperature inversion.

Comment

Seems pretty simple, don't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                    Seems pretty simple, don't it.
                    Don’t read this thread then.... lol

Comment

Its money.

After decades of earnest public-information campaigns, Americans are finally recycling. Airports, malls, schools, and office buildings across the country have bins for plastic bottles and aluminum cans and newspapers. In some cities, you can be fined if inspectors discover that you haven’t recycled appropriately.

But now much of that carefully sorted recycling is ending up in the trash.

For decades, we were sending the bulk of our recycling to China—tons and tons of it, sent over on ships to be made into goods such as shoes and bags and new plastic products. But last year, the country restricted imports of certain recyclables, including mixed paper—magazines, office paper, junk mail—and most plastics. Waste-management companies across the country are telling towns, cities, and counties that there is no longer a market for their recycling. These municipalities have two choices: pay much higher rates to get rid of recycling, or throw it all away.

Americans are consuming more and more stuff. Now that other countries won’t take our papers and plastics, they’re ending up in the trash.  

Comment

This is a really open ended statement

Comment

Science says we have had 5 previous ice ages.
                          Each one ended because the climate changed. Climate change is a wonderful thing although there will be another ice age that will test humanity. It will be caused by the exact same things that caused the previous 5 and it will melt after about 100k years for the same reasons the previous 5 did.

P.s. everyone who has ever consumed a carrot will die.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            This is a really open ended statement

Yes. But I think all the following statements are probably true:

1) Climate change is caused by natural events that we have no control over.
                            2) Politicians and businesses are using climate change fear mongering for business, selfish and financial purposes.
                            3) Humans are having a negative effect on climate, animals and natural systems that we need to take responsibility for and try to minimize our negative impacts.

Comment

Global warming is indeed your fault and you are not paying enough taxes to stop it.

Comment

The Dems will realize that the whole “free everything” isn’t going to beat Trump, so they will start a big push for protecting the environment. You can bet your arse that the closer to the election we get, the more the social media will push climate change issues. That will be their only hope to defeat Trump. The real sad part is, so many on here will fall for the BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X