No announcement yet.

Disney $#*!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These threads always make me laugh. I cant wait to go to disney and take my kiddos. I loved going as a kid.. If you go into it thinking it will suck it will probably suck.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
      Contact ColinR on here, his wife Audra is a Disney travel agent, she’ll make your life super easy, and it’s free for you. Don’t try and figure this out on your own, hand it off to a pro. She planned our trip and it was 1st class, I had a blast and the kids couldn’t have been happier.
      Thank you for the recommendation! She loves helping people with there Disney trips! Her email is audra@remarkablegetaways.com
      Last edited by ColinR; 01-08-2018, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Just got from Disney December 27th-January 2. Disney is completely overrated in my opinion for the amount of money it costs you. 80%+ of the rides are the exact same rides I rode as a kid 15 years ago. For the amount of money they bring in you would think there would be new stuff all over the place. Universal Studios is WAY better than Disney imo but it isn't cheap either. There were 12 of us with unlimited fast passes there and it was $4k for one day.

Comment

I am seeing varying prices here from those experienced with going. How much $ are we talking for a family of 4? My very limited research says it cannot be done for less than $5k, is that correct
          Last edited by Codie; 01-09-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
            I am seeing varying prices here from those experienced with going. How much $ are we talking for a family of 4? My very limited research says it cannot be done for less than $5k, is that correct
            We are a family of four, stayed at animal Kingdom(5 days in the parks and 4 nights at the resort), had a reserved character meal each day, got the fast passes, the photo package, and a bunch of money for snacks and other meals and did it for probably $7k. We tend to overdo stuff and enjoy the experience and not worry as much about day to day spending.

You pre-pay, so it should be very little payment out of pocket at the end of the trip, unless you go bat **** crazy and buy your kids tons of souvinours and stuff, we didn’t do that, limited them to one thing each day.

Comment

Including airfare, no way

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                We are a family of four, stayed at animal Kingdom(5 days in the parks and 4 nights at the resort), had a reserved character meal each day, got the fast passes, the photo package, and a bunch of money for snacks and other meals and did it for probably $7k. We tend to overdo stuff and enjoy the experience and not worry as much about day to day spending.

You pre-pay, so it should be very little payment out of pocket at the end of the trip, unless you go bat **** crazy and buy your kids tons of souvinours and stuff, we didn’t do that, limited them to one thing each day.
                Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Including airfare, no way
                Thank you - All I wanted to know

Comment

I've never been to Disney, and if I'm lucky, I'll never have to go.

Comment

This! We did this a couple of months back and made everything so much easier. The trip was awesome.

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    Get a certified Disney Planner!!!! It does not cost you a dime. They are paid by Disney. They will help you with everything from suggesting things to see and do. To making all your reservations including restaurants. Also if a discount comes out between when you book and when you travel they will get you the better deal instead of you spending hours on hold with Disney to get the discount.

Comment

I had no idea that Disney cost 5 to 15 grand. I took me the wife and my two sons bear hunting in Alaska and halibut fishing for 6 days and didn't spend 15 grand.
                      Disney marketing department is genius

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                        I had no idea that Disney cost 5 to 15 grand. I took me the wife and my two sons bear hunting in Alaska and halibut fishing for 6 days and didn't spend 15 grand.
                        Disney marketing department is genius
                        I didn't either - my wife and kids are out of luck

Comment

Epcot is actually very interesting and neat things to see .

Comment

You can go there for less money I am sure. My wife has family go there all the time and I am sure they don't spend that kind of coin. For example Animal Kingdom is one of the more expensive resorts. We stayed there, it is great I would highly recommend it. But I think they have more affordable options. You would have to research what the cheapest options are I didn't. We stayed and did what we wanted I didn't think about the money. (I tried not to anyway). When I was a kid my dad didn't let us get french fries with our lunch because they cost so much! That is well over 30 years ago, I still can remember how much he hated it, lol. Anyway, just saying you may want to look into it more closely before you completely rule it out.

Comment

It really boils down to how many days you are going to be there. You can do it on the cheap or you can go all out. That's the reason a Disney agent is advised. You tell them what you want to do, give them a budget and let them do the work.

Wife and I went with some family friends in 2016, it was my wife's first time going. She had an absolute blast and committed to going back. We are going back this year in December before Christmas. It's only a 4 day trip, but it's worth it if you want it to be. If you go into it, dreading it, kicking an screaming, you WILL hate it and you WILL make it miserable for your kids. Enjoy it for what it is. Family time.

Comment

Disney isn't cheap (at least compared many other destinations). However, there are ways to save money. I'm sure a quick internet search would turn up a lot of tips. Few things I can think of off the top of my head.

- Drive, don't fly
                                - Look into the budget friendly Disney resort properties; some of these can be close to half the daily cost of the Premium resort properties.
                                - Consider staying outside the park at a non-Disney property. I've heard that many nearby hotels offer shuttle services to and from all parks
                                - Do you have a camper/RV; the Disney Fort Wilderness RV resort is like half as much as even the budget resorts
                                - Avoid the meal plan if possible. Disney does allow you to pack food to bring into the parks. Plan meals strategically to avoid expensive park meals if possible.
                                - Consider daily park tickets as compared to park hoppers;

Our trip was expensive because we stayed at a premium resort, had full meal plan and park hopper tickets everyday. We could have knocked a couple grand off by slashing a few daily hopper passes and either eliminating or severely limiting the meal plan. It would have been even less if we stayed somewhere else. It's definitely one of those places where the sky is the limit.

Comment

Working...
                                X