Georgetown well driller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgetown well driller?

I found out it's costing around 10,000 to run city water so want to get a quote for just putting in a well any recommendations in Georgetown area thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

gonna be about the same price..

Comment

Sammy Lovelace out of Granger I believe is still drilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
        gonna be about the same price..
        If that's the case I'll just do a well as long as water ain't too bad

Comment

You're looking at more like $15,000 with every thing on top of the ground as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            You're looking at more like $15,000 with every thing on top of the ground as well.
            Thanks. ..that's my predicament. ..not sure if I should spend the extra money on well if it's 5k more....do you know anybody in area to recommend I know your around here ...and do you know quality of well water in area?

Comment

Joe Eddie Mcdearmon 512 657 0846 he has been drilling in the area for a long time. My guess your gona be looking at around 15k

Comment

Tom Lovelace Well Drilling and Service and it depends on what aquifer hitting, storage tank or not etc on total cost.

Comment

I would hook up to City water. Well has to be maintained- they are now talking about new wells have to be metered and they will charge you for the water used. up front cost is more and well water around here has to be treated or it messes up your appliances.

Comment

Go ahead and get city water you'll be better off in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      I would hook up to City water. Well has to be maintained- they are now talking about new wells have to be metered and they will charge you for the water used. up front cost is more and well water around here has to be treated or it messes up your appliances.
                      Who would you pay to have a well water? You own the water rights typically. Just curious what entity would have the right to charge you for water under ground.

Comment

Lived on a well all my life. I'd go with city water if I was you and the cost about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                          Who would you pay to have a well water? You own the water rights typically. Just curious what entity would have the right to charge you for water under ground.
                          @Glen I'd like to know where you heard this as well. I don't think it's true.

Comment

Wife has been in government work for years. Some states have went to meters on wells. She said Texas is underway of proposing meters on wells for "monitoring". She said there is rumor of trying to push through stuff on aquifers to charge a fee for education, research and some other BS bases on consumption. It has not happened as of yet but I can see it starting on the meters to "monitor" in the next year or two.

Comment

Ever consider rainwater collection? You get good soft water that is easy on your plumbing fixtures.

Comment

Working...
                              X