Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!

Comment

Back in the blind. Just waiting on daylight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another slow morning. Not unexpected really, early season is normally slow here. It's great being back in the woods though. I'm sticking with it, just a matter of time.

Comment

Here too. Two doe and a fawn. Too spooky to even think about trying anything. Didn't stick around.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

The wind forced me into a pop up today...to say it's warm is an understatement!! Hopefully movement will be better this evening.

Comment

I'm hoping at some point persistence will pay off. Still not much happening but I'm headed back out.

Comment

Good luck! Can't ever tell when it'll all come together

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                  Good luck! Can't ever tell when it'll all come together

That's true!! After the hunt this morning i did a little looking around and found a different spot for this evening. That pop up kills me in the afternoons when it's hot, and I don't have a treestand setup for this east wind. I'm gonna set up close to a pond with my ghost blind this evening, lots and lots of hog sign in there but the deer are there too.

Comment

Good luck tonight Ryan! You might be one of the last men standing for the opener

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm persistent!! Gotta be hunting here lol. I love it though. This evening I'm set up on a road going down to our pond. View from road looking back to the ghost blind.

It's a 12 yard shot. In a perfect world they'll come from my right going toward the pond, and I'll have a perfect quartering away shot as they pass and can draw when their head is behind this tree.

That is of course if I see anything at all!! But you can't kill em if you're not out there.

Comment

Well sit tight an be still. That Ghost blind is really cool but that head swiveling at ground level will catch their eyes.

Comment

Comment

I hope you get to at least see something soon Ryan. I have been rooting for your first trad WT since last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              I hope you get to at least see something soon Ryan. I have been rooting for your first trad WT since last year.

Thanks bud!! No luck this evening, but I still have all week. Probably gonna sleep in tomorrow morning and keep an eye on the weather. Looks like we may have some storms coming.

Comment

It's been so slow I haven't hunted for a couple hunts now. Sat it out yesterday evening and slept late this morning. I'm going to go check hog traps here in a little bit and then hunt this evening. Depending on how this evening's hunt goes, I may or may not hunt in the morning. I enjoy sleeping late too!!

Comment

Working...
                                X