"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job David!

Whats ethical about shooting hogs by the hundreds out of a helo and letting them lay on the fields to rot?

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
      Good job David!

Whats ethical about shooting hogs by the hundreds out of a helo and letting them lay on the fields to rot?
      We need to be waiting for the moment the helo hunt ends to collect meat and finish off the injured ones. It will be like meaty Easter!

Comment

Good job David!

Nothing! Never said it was. But noone is going to take us seriouly if we keep posting about all the stuck/ lost pigs. (Not yours David obviously)
        Last edited by Removed; 02-02-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
          I may be a rookie, but I'm stacking up the hog kills at a pretty good rate.
          If you are going to hide behind your "I'm harrassing you" claim, then don't comment on the conversations I start.

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
          Bam! Doesn't get much more ethical than crossing a river on a cold, windy day to retrieve a smaller pig. Good BBQ's a comin'!
          Last edited by Removed; 02-02-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
            I may be a rookie, but I'm stacking up the hog kills at a pretty good rate.
            Keep up the hog killing....good job ...you sir are not allowed to shoot them in the river...

Comment

We need to be waiting for the moment the helo hunt ends to collect meat and finish off the injured ones. It will be like meaty Easter!
              I would be down. Several years ago it seems like they would hang signs at entrances, telling everybody when it was going to take place. I dont think they have done that in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                Keep up the hog killing....good job ...you sir are not allowed to shoot them in the river...
                That's not fair ;-)

Comment

I would be down. Several years ago it seems like they would hang signs at entrances, telling everybody when it was going to take place. I dont think they have done that in a while.
                  I wonder why?

Comment

I wonder why?
                    Dont know.

Comment

TXUSNAVYCHIEF, what part of the river did you all push the hogs across? I was out this morning and scoured the steps area and never saw any pigs...

Comment

Congrats to all of you that have spilled blood lately. It's just fun to see all the new hunters be successful. Hope to see most of you at GRXH. That sets the newbies apart from the vets, when your starving and have stamina to hunt and still be effective at killing the hogs.

Comment

Primative boat launch and they swam across to the south side of the river and we pushed them towards the primative camp area

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                            Congrats to all of you that have spilled blood lately. It's just fun to see all the new hunters be successful. Hope to see most of you at GRXH. That sets the newbies apart from the vets, when your starving and have stamina to hunt and still be effective at killing the hogs.
                            I'm definitely looking forward to hunting for a full stomach on an empty stomach!

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                              Primative boat launch and they swam across to the south side of the river and we pushed them towards the primative camp area
                              You guys swimming across that river are extreme. Only time I touch that river is if I'm drunk and fall in

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                                You guys swimming across that river are extreme. Only time I touch that river is if I'm drunk and fall in
                                WE didn't swim the river, the pigs did, hahaha

I had another monster boar come within 15yds earlier and start swimming across. He was big enough that if he died in the middle of the river after I arrowed him, I'd be getting wet!

Comment

Working...
                                X