No announcement yet.

Public land Mule Deer hunts in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Parks - Lake Meredith here - http://www.npca.org/parks/lake-mered...tion-area.html

Comment

I know that this post is several years old but I was wondering if Texas has any public land that you could hunt Mule Deer?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Big Bend Ranch, Black Gap WMA and Elephant Mountain

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
            You are correct. A few years ago you could bow hunt Matador with just an APH permit but now you have to be drawn. There aren't any good mule deer at Matador anyway, don't even put in for the drawing.
            Wow!!

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
              I know that this post is several years old but I was wondering if Texas has any public land that you could hunt Mule Deer?
              Thread is old but the information is still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                is there any public land that can be hunted WITHOUT being drawn???? I am asking about muledeer
                None besides Meredith

Comment

Ttt

Comment

FYI. The mule deer pic above I posted several years ago was just a real good photoshop pic. That deer is not real. There are no deer at Matador. No need to even apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                      You are correct. A few years ago you could bow hunt Matador with just an APH permit but now you have to be drawn. There aren't any good mule deer at Matador anyway, don't even put in for the drawing.

here's a pic of one I also took a few yrs ago at Matador. Just thought it was cool to have kickers in the same place as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Way too far to drive..lol

Comment

Matador draw was a low odds back during the paper system, with the online system now its a once in a lifetime draw.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            Matador draw was a low odds back during the paper system, with the online system now its a once in a lifetime draw.
                            Same as a lot of them now

Comment

Jen-Man, that is cool! They have to be related! What year did you get yours?

Comment

It'd be worth checking into the units that border Texas just across the state line in New Mexico units 30-31 on public as well. I've killed some great muleys not far from the state line on the Texas side hunting private property. Muleys range waaaay further than whitetails do and we've probably killed bucks that move back and forth across during the rut.....

Comment

Working...
                                X