Bassmaster drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    They should tank it all and put the money towards crappie fishing! Or maybe a catch and eat ditch pickle series!
    Might as well be crappie fishing with the MLF format

Comment

I'm sure they will alter the format from the current MLF format. Nobody wants a dink fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
        I'm sure they will alter the format from the current MLF format. Nobody wants a dink fest.
        They've already said they are not going to. D@mn bassmaster got ransacked!

Comment

So they don’t weigh in at all??

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            I'm in favor of the 'no more weigh-ins'.
            Why?

Comment

I personally never understood bass fishing as an live spectator sport. For me, it would be like just showing up at the end of a football game, a baseball game, or whatever and just watching the score on the scoreboard get revealed.

Heck, I was into cycling and raced and I never understood that as a live spectator sport. All a spectator can see is the some small slice of the race or the finish. Most of the action happens before the finish.

So basically, you just cheer on your favorite person/team without really getting to watch the action..

I just don't get it.

So watching it on TV, well that is different. You can follow the action. And so if you are going to follow the action on TV, there isn't a need for a results "reveal" as it were. So I get the removal of the big finale weigh in. You could still just show the results to those family/friends that attended to see them get their checks, etc. Speak to the crowd, yada yada... but no need to really mystify the results by having a final weigh in reveal. Just weigh as you go.

Comment

Spectators can watch on a live big screen and follow along as multiple cameras record the action.
                If done using that format there wouldn't be a need for a live weigh-in.

Comment

Weigh-ins are for photo ops.

Comment

The dink fest is already getting old. They will have to make some sort of change, wont they?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                      The dink fest is already getting old. They will have to make some sort of change, wont they?
                      They changed the 12" minimum to a 1 lb minimum a year or so ago. Mostly to keep the fish from having to touch the measuring board. I definitely liked that change so I'm thinking they will maybe adjust the bottom weight of a scoreable bass. Maybe make it 2 lbs to count or something like that. I am shocked that all the big name elites left BASS. I thought Jordan Lee might stay just to chase the history of the sport in BASS but then again I would follow KVD, Evers, etc. also.

Comment

But what’s wrong with having a weigh in? I’ve fished for years and for me that’s 1/2 the fun coming in and seeing what everyone else has, telling stories, the drama at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                          But what’s wrong with having a weigh in? I’ve fished for years and for me that’s 1/2 the fun coming in and seeing what everyone else has, telling stories, the drama at the end.
                          JM seems to think dead fish is the problem. Its a fact a lot of the fish after release die, plus it's not good relocating 1000's of fish and dumping them in one spot after the tourney. You can go out and wail on them at a release spot and catch lots of retreads with hook holes in there mouth, I've done it. I think the thinking is if the sport is to grow the resource has to be better protected, we're not really building new lakes anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                            Kills a lot of fish. Way more than most tournament fisherman are willing to admit.

"Recent research by TPWD showed that during summer months most mortality of tournament-caught fish occurs one to three days after they are released back into the reservoir. This is called delayed mortality. “Delayed mortality ranged from 18.2 percent to 43.1 percent of the fish in tournaments held when the water temperature exceeded 79 degrees Fahrenheit,” Myers said. “Adding mortality of fish weighed in dead can result in total mortality of 50 percent"

Comment

Sounds like a buncha woman drama.

Comment

First event of the year is going on now.
                                News, videos, results and live stream coverage of the 2019 Bass Pro Tour B&W Trailer Hitches Stage One Presented by Power-Pole on the Kissimmee Chain.

Coverage is a little spotty but that is to expected out in the middle of nowhere. Not the dink fest some thought it would be. Pretty cool to be able to see what the guys are doing instead of just what they caught.

Comment

Working...
                                X