No announcement yet.

Chiropractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I visited one for the first time a few weeks back. Older neck injury just will not go away, so I finanally went. Slow recovery still, but getting better. There are a lot of guys out there, but only a few are good. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. If they feel the need to heavily medicate you, I would leave. That's just my .02

Comment

Been goin to one for several years. Go on or twice a month just to keep everything lined up. I drive a big rig. I go to Dr Robert wolf. He's located in Cleveland tx. Very good. Works out of his house and very reasonable on price. Does not medicate you to do adjustments. Can give you phone number if you want

Comment

I’ve had great experiences with them. It’s not like I was raised to think. There’s no black magic to it, just solid skeletal adjustments to get you back where you belong. If you get a good one they will explain exactly what they’re doing while they work on you. It’s enlightening and very helpful. And yes, you must be relaxed and open minded to get the full benefit.

Comment

I’ve had great experiences with them. It’s not like I was raised to think. There’s no black magic to it, just solid skeletal adjustments to get you back where you belong. If you get a good one they will explain exactly what they’re doing while they work on you. It’s enlightening and very helpful. And yes, you must be relaxed and open minded to get the full benefit.

Comment

I've been 4 times in my life. I was in serious pain every time and every time, I walked out pain free. They are great if they are good at it.

Comment

Chiro's have made sleeping, standing up from a seated position, walking, and sitting for more than 30 min bearable again. I was in bad wreck with no seat belt that shifted and herniated a few discs. I fought the pain for about 4 years. Did physical therapy, which helped quite a bit. Even with the lifestyle change, sudden turns or twists or just sleeping wrong would throw me into a world of pain. It wasn't until i could barely walk during a 3 week stretch, at 26yrs old, that I listened to a friend and tried a chiro. Literally within days of the 1st adjustment, i was able to touch my toes for the 1st time in over a year. This chiro took and x-ray and showed me which disc was out of place and clearly stated that his adjustment alone would not fix the problem. He explained that since the disc was out of place for so long, it would take a while for my muscle to accept a new position for the disc. Above there are arguments for PT and chiro but the best solution for me was a combination. The chiro i go to now has a PT and adjustment service. He offers them as a package. The PT is structured around how you perform in certain "tests". It involves stem machine, massage, stretching, and strengthening. I have had 4 different discs out in various locations and have a neck issue that flares up as well. It is not uncommon that one disc will go back and another will shift. PT will strengthen your back and can prevent this from happening. My suggestion would be to 1st, find the root cause of your issue (mri or x-ray). Most pain can be cured by PT, but PT doesn't fix a structural issue. Do not expect over night pain relief. Your pain might go from an 8 to a 4 it almost never goes from an 8 to a 1 in a short time frame, ie. 2 weeks.

Comment

They are great. Only thing that has helped my back over the last 15 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have gone to one and believe that he just short of "saved my life" , had terrible neck/shoulder pain. I would say it was the most relief from any pain I've ever experienced in my life from any medical provider. It was almost instantaneous. Now, having said that I think they can leave you at the end of each session how they want to get you to come back. They all want you to come back to keep the cash register going cha-ching, and I did, until I finally hand to say whoa.

Yes I would recommend them and I would go back if I needed to.

Comment

Recommendations for a good chiropractor in NW HOUSTON?

Comment

When I was a sophomore in High school. I started having severe back pains. I played every sport under the sun and was pretty rough on my body (still am). My doctor did X-rays and said it was a pinched nerve and referred me to a chiropractor. I went to the chiro he did his own X-rays and yep it was a pinched nerve. Laid me on the table and went to cracking on me. He told me I would feel better the next day. Well that night I couldn't sleep my legs, thighs and groin area was numb. I have never been in so much pain but I managed to get back on the court and continue to play basketball. I went back to my family doctor a week later and complained about the pain I was having. He ordered more X-rays and still the same conclusion. He then sent me to another Chiro that cracked and popped me. Same results once again. It wasn't until our Athletic trainer at the high school referred me to Dr. O'neal with Sports Medicine out of Clear Lake that finally gave me some answers and it took him all of 5 minutes to diagnose me. Of course he ordered an MRI to back up his diagnosis. Turns out I was born with Spinal Bifida Occulta and developed Spondylolysis which is basically stress fractures. I had fractures to my L4 and L5 and being cracked by a Chiropractor was the last thing I needed. I haven't ever used a chiro since. 18 years later I still have back pain. Sorry that was so long!

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                        Look at Arrosti. they are awesome.
                        I second this idea, I went for the first time 2 weeks ago, I haven't had a migraine yet, I was having 2-3 per week.

Comment

Well, I had a lower back injury from work “my fault” lifting something wrong at a young age thinking “I’m young and my back is capable of whatever” anyways the pain has continued for years after going to a chiropractor today it feels much better. From what he told me my spine was actually sitting way out of place and if it wasn’t for my proper sitting position I would walk funny. I feel better! And if it continues i hurt I’m going to go back and and if it hurts multiple times after that well.. I might just go back again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            My chiropractor keeps me going quite nicely. He's dang good at what he does too. He's the guy that keeps all the HSLR cowboys going between rides at the rodeo too. AND he's a long time TBH'er... so, yea, he's pretty good. He won't toot his own horn, but I'll dang sure would recommend him for skeletal issues that aren't due to something broken...

Great guy and contributor here.

Located North of Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                              I went to one for the first time recently, and while I felt good for a few days afterward, the pain in my middle back came back even worse than before. For me, that back pain comes and goes, so it's hard to say whether or not it was worth it. The pain isn't bad enough to keep going back and I'll deal with it until it gets worse at this point.

My co worker told me he had the same thing. He said you can’t fix it in going you have to go more than once he went weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great, wish insurance paid for more visits.

Comment

Working...
                                X