Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had $2200... (help me spend my money)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had $2200... (help me spend my money)

What camera and tripod would you buy? Let's say that you aren't afraid of ebay either. I will be exclusively filming hunts, everything from archery to long range predator hunts. I'm open to most brands but prefer Canon and Sony. Thanks for the help!!

I would get a Sony high definition HVR-A1U. For a video tripod...any fluid head design will do.

Comment

Just as Courtny has already said, and good fluid head equiped tri-pod will work.... The Sony she has referenced is a GREAT camera, the only draw back is that is only has 10x optical zoom, Sony has released a new model with a 20x zoom to rival the Canon's zoom capability's, It is a Sony FX7, both are a great choice..

Now for some other business, LOL!! I will be in Newcastle on Friday night if you want to meet up for some drinks and some food, me and my hunting partners could meet you in Moore or Norman....its always cool to meet new TBH people, LOL!

Comment

Alright I'll look into those models. Thanks Sika. Also does ony make a telephoto that will increase the optical zoom for the HVR-A1U?

Tuff, if I'm here I am definitely down for that. I'm trying decide if I'm leaving on Friday or Saturday to head out to the Brazos for some weekend filming.
        Last edited by dwd2001; 12-27-2006, 07:49 PM.

Comment

DWD, I do believe they make a 2x coupler that will do the job.....

I'm in the same boat, I cant decide if I want to head up early in the morning or go to work!!LOL!

Comment

Working...
          X