No announcement yet.

Don't shoulder shoot and Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a buddy shoot one in Kansas one year they never found it, the next year his son kills a big eight point and when cleaning the deer he found his Broadhead.

Comment

Comment

Seen Michael Waddel shoot one with his bow. He dropped it off at a local processor. The processor later called him and said he retrieved his arrow for him. Mike was like "What are you talking about. Mine was a complete pass thru". So he goes to the shop where the guy shows him a broadhead and about a 1/4 of the shaft that he pulled out of the elk's chest cavity!!!
        Crazy!!!

Comment

I'd say that happened this archery season for a couple of reasons. Hide can certainly heal in a month. Bone would be long healed if if were from last season. A year old foreign body would likely be encapsulated in scar tissue.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
            I'd say that happened this archery season for a couple of reasons. Hide can certainly heal in a month. Bone would be long healed if if were from last season. A year old foreign body would likely be encapsulated in scar tissue.
            Very possible.

Comment

Need pics of elk. For science. Haha

Comment

tough animals for sure! Have heard and experienced too many stories for archery elk and finding broadheads inside elk. But there is nothing greater than to call one inside 30 yards!

Comment

Must be fake news cuz thats not a Rage.

Comment

My dad killed a cow elk in Co one year that had about 10" of an aluminum shaft and a broad head parallel to her spine along the back strap

Comment

Yep , we know not to shoot one in the shoulder blade. Have found broadheads under the shoulder blade on hogs too.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Need pics of elk. For science. Haha
                        Here you go

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

my buddy shot a bull this year in New Mexico on our hunt. They found his arrow and 2 others in the bull he killed. One was lodged in the spine.

Comment

The slick trick up top was his arrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And, I am just thinking "Hey, a free Slick Trick!"

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X