No announcement yet.

Shot a doe in Fayette country this a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, you must have a lot of coyotes, time to some of them.

Comment

They did pretty much totally field dress her for me lol. The coyotes touched just the front of one hind so we didn't mess with that but everything else was still fine. She's quartered and on ice now.

Definitely do need to kill some coyotes though!

Comment

Chasing around fayette lake

Comment

Here's a picture from my video cameras view finder. Bucks seem to still be in their batchelor groups around here, no chasing yet.

Comment

Got you a good dog! Also, I may have to get me a coyote pup to train as a tracker.....

Comment

I've had coyotes do twice that damage in less than 45 minutes. They must have been in the same area and watched her drop. I unfortunately only got to eat the backstraps.
              Congratulation on the success.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                Got you a good dog! Also, I may have to get me a coyote pup to train as a tracker.....
                She is a good dog! Only 2 years old but we try to let her track everything we shoot. She has a heck of a nose on her, she just brought a field mouse over to me a second ago that she found.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                  I've had coyotes do twice that damage in less than 45 minutes. They must have been in the same area and watched her drop. I unfortunately only got to eat the backstraps.
                  Congratulation on the success.
                  Oh I definitely believe it! I was just shocked because it was during daylight and only about 100 yards from my stand but it was in tall grass and I had left the area.

Comment

Pretty much same except I actually sat in bow blind giving her time to die. Never heard yotes. When I found her I got real nervous thinking there may have been a mountain lion around and I was now standing over its dinner. I was constantly on watch waiting for my ride to come pick me up.

Comment

Way to get her done. Time to stick some yotes'

Comment

Bro, seems like you have your Yotes well trained!! Congrats on your deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                          Pretty much same except I actually sat in bow blind giving her time to die. Never heard yotes. When I found her I got real nervous thinking there may have been a mountain lion around and I was now standing over its dinner. I was constantly on watch waiting for my ride to come pick me up.
                          Geezzz, ya I know they can be sneaky when they want to. I'm just glad the buzzards hadn't found her yet, I wouldn't tough anything those creatures start eating on.

Comment

Back at it again

Comment

The yotes at Georgetown lake are super thick. I shot a doe a little back and began trailing after 30 minutes. I caught a glimpse of her and three yotes back in the bushes. They had her pinned down and were covering her mouth so she couldn't scream out. I negotiated 3 chew toys and 2 big cans of pedigree chicken flavor for her return.

Comment

Here is a video of the hunt in case anyone is interested, Thanks!

Opening morning self filmed hunt out in central Texas. EWT Pro-Staffer Kyle Fabian shoots a mature doe with the help of his Matthews Z7 extreme, while self f...

Comment

Working...
                                X