No announcement yet.

DH30's Bowhunt With a Recurve & Cedar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great recap, Kevin!! Congrats on a beautiful trad buck!

Comment

Yeah, what Trey said! Don't understate your accomplishment, Kevin! You have every right to be proud of that one! Congratulations on a well earned trophy!

Michael
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great buck with the stick and string. Congrats

Comment

That's a awesome buck, Kevin. Ground shrinkage or not! Congratulations!
          Lesto!!

Comment

Great job on story and a fine buck to boot

Comment

Congrats to you

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments. It's great to see a plan come together. I picked this spot and picked the tree for my stand. I built the stand and set it and the feeder up. I've worked all summer to keep the feeders filled. I worked very hard at scent control while hunting this week. Normally I aim at the heart and think if they drop that I will still get lungs. This buck just would not relax, even after ten minutes so I aimed right at the bottom edge of his chest and then watched as he dropped into the arrow.

This buck is at the taxidermist now. I'll pick a pose tomorrow. He will look good on my wall. This buck makes me real proud as my first buck with a bow. The fact that I was shooting a recurve bow and cedar arrows built by a friend is icing on the cake.

Comment

Awesome Job With The Recurve And Cedar Arrows Congrats On The Great Re Cap

Comment

Dh30, nice story with pics and a trophy 10 pt. with sticks and string.
                    CONGRATS!

Comment

Deerhunter30, that is an AWESOME buck! Congrats on doin it trad style. I enjoyed your write up. Oh, and your cedar arrows are sure purdy! I like the yellow, white blue combo.

Comment

Nice recap Kevin, congrats on your buck. I have a ton of respect for you guys and gals who go out in the field with traditional equipment.

Comment

NICE read. Congrats on the nice buck with trad gear.

Comment

Congrats!!
                            That is a HECK of an accomplishment!

Comment

Well done. Congrats. You Trad guys have my respect.

Comment

DH30. Great trad kill. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X