Hunting Boots for Mulie hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Boots for Mulie hunting

I have done lots research and have looked at quite a few threads here. Here is my question has anyone used the L.L. Bean high speed hunting boots? I cant afford Lowas, or Kenetreks. I wish i could. But with kids medical expenses my budget shrunk. Looked at Solomans as well. Just looking for advice. Will be hunting from Sept. 1 to the 11th. So should be warmer weather hunting.

What type of country and budget?
    Last edited by bphillips; 07-31-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I love my Merrells. Not good with cactus tho.
      My granddad did hundreds of miles around Van Horn in leather soled cowboy boots. But he also had an old jeep Cherokee that he took to hell and back.
      I had some Soloman water shoes that got me through Costa Rica but not much further...

Comment

It definitely depends on where and how you'll be hunting. From personal experience, you can wear just about any comfortable boot up until the point you begin carrying a lot of weight.

Comment

Where are you heading to?

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
            I have done lots research and have looked at quite a few threads here. Here is my question has anyone used the L.L. Bean high speed hunting boots? I cant afford Lowas, or Kenetreks. I wish i could. But with kids medical expenses my budget shrunk. Looked at Solomans as well. Just looking for advice. Will be hunting from Sept. 1 to the 11th. So should be warmer weather hunting.
            Where are you headed?

Comment

Check out the Vasque Breeze. It's all I wore when I lived in Montana. Once I had some spare cash I ponied up for some high end boots, but that was more about durability than anything.

Comment

Note: the Vasques have a year warranty, and I replaced at 11 months 3 times.

Comment

Plenty of great boots in the under 200 range. The guys I backpack with love their keen's. Not then most stable boot in my opinion, but very durable and fit like a tennis shoe. I guy I work with has worn them as work boots in austere conditions and gets over a year out of each pair.

Comment

What's your current boots? First bow season in September then back for the rut in January?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                      Where are you headed?
                      Headed to Unit 52 in NM. Northern NM, borders southern Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                        What's your current boots? First bow season in September then back for the rut in January?
                        No sir, this is my only trip unfortunately. I have hunted in my old leo zip up boots. Bates i believe. But I would never take those. This is my first ever trip for western hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
                          Headed to Unit 52 in NM. Northern NM, borders southern Colorado.
                          That's not exactly a tame unit. Are you backpacking in or hunting from truck?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            What type of country and budget?
                            Northern NM and no more than $200 sir

Comment

Working...
                            X