No announcement yet.

Seller offering home warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take it and remember to call them FIRST if something happens. Calling them after the fact will waste your time as they won't help cover cost at that point. I learned that the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
      Take it....I have Choice Warranty and have used them 5 times since the end of February. I pay $65 for a visit and the parts are covered under the warranty. A/C issues, plumbing issues and one pool visit. Sure has saved me a LOT of money!

I plan to renew it when the year is up.
      What, if I may ask, is the monthly fee? Not familiar with this company but I can switch any time. thanks...kuma

Comment

We've had good luck

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
        Also America Home Shield is horrible company to deal with.
        We have had American home Sheild for 4 years. They have replaced the a/c capacitors 5 times on the a/c s. Most a/c people would have told me a little needed another 5k outside unit. They replaced could on one inside unit. Replaced mother board on my new fridge. Replaced the seal on washing machine. Fixed my dish washer. Repaired 2 small outside fridges. And fixed clogged sinks

So I feel like I'm way ahead of the game

Comment

We pay 70$ a month with $75 service charge

Comment

Take it and use it!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
              What, if I may ask, is the monthly fee? Not familiar with this company but I can switch any time. thanks...kuma

I’m not sure as seller paid for it when I purchased at the end of February. I think it was around $700 for the year. It might be worth it to call and price check them. I have no complaints on their service. I do have to call them and use who they send out, but so far each visit has worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                I’m not sure as seller paid for it when I purchased at the end of February. I think it was around $700 for the year. It might be worth it to call and price check them. I have no complaints on their service. I do have to call them and use who they send out, but so far each visit has worked out.

Well, except Freon...that was not included. But I price checked them before ok’ing it to be put in. They were inline.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumathebear View Post

I’m not sure as a seller paid for it when I purchased at the end of February. I think it was around $700 for the year. It might be worth it to call and price check them. I have no complaints on their service. I do have to call them and use who they send out, but so far each visit has worked out.

Thanks....close to what we pay depending on deductible I guess. Like you, we are all in favor of these policies, just another insurance type thing but when you need it they pay for themselves.

Comment

Take it. I decided not to renew mine and my AC went out a couple of months later. Kick-Self-In-Arse!

Comment

Do it

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                        Also America Home Shield is horrible company to deal with.
                        Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        That is the company that we have been using for the past several years and we have never had a bad experience with them.
                        We've never had a problem with them, either. Got an entire evaporator unit replaced in our old house in Llano with no hassle.
                        I think we've had appliances repaired through them, as well. It's been awhile since we've used one, though.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          Take it. It is a common practice to include this for the buyer. Plus the seller knows a lot more about things that might be in need of replacement in the near future.
                          Yep. They may be offering it for their own peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                            Take it and remember to call them FIRST if something happens. Calling them after the fact will waste your time as they won't help cover cost at that point. I learned that the hard way.
                            It's been our experience that they require you to use their approved contractors.
                            It is probably to keep people from filing bogus claims through their brother-in-law.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                              It's been our experience that they require you to use their approved contractors.

It is probably to keep people from filing bogus claims through their brother-in-law.

That is exactly right. I always called who I knew for a quick fix and they don’t like that...

Comment

Working...
                              X