What gun did you buy today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
    Yeah.. that is really cool! So if I'm seeing it right, the barrel slides into the upper like a normal build and then the handguard acts as some type of a quick connect?

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
    Very cool! Congrats on a cool rifle!

How does the barrel attach? Just thread and go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The barrel assembly is keyed. Match it up and a half twist and you're ready to go.

Comment

Remington 700 SPS Tactical 300 Black

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        Finally found one! Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 with 2.5" barrel, 357 Mag. A little clean up on it and some tlc, it'll be a shooter..The action is flawless! Thanks again acBob!
        Congrats on a nice revolver! A S&W 66 with 2.5" barrel in on my short wish list.

Comment

Just picked this up today. Ruger RedHawk in .44 Mag, 5.5" barrel. I have already reloaded some rounds, just need some range time.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Longhornamus View Post
            Just picked this up today. Ruger RedHawk in .44 Mag, 5.5" barrel. I have already reloaded some rounds, just need some range time.

My favorite caliber! I cast and reload a ton .44 mags. Good thing about the Ruger hawk series pistols is they were made on a .454 Casull frame which allows you to work up some really hot loads. I got up with Ashley from Garret Custom big bore ammunition in Weatherford and worked up a 310 huge hardcast pushing in 1400's.

Comment

I had this same gun and sold it. One of the few that I regret getting rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                My favorite caliber! I cast and reload a ton .44 mags. Good thing about the Ruger hawk series pistols is they were made on a .454 Casull frame which allows you to work up some really hot loads. I got up with Ashley from Garret Custom big bore ammunition in Weatherford and worked up a 310 huge hardcast pushing in 1400's.

I have heard a lot of folks cast their own. I would like to look into it but don't even know where to start. Almost too much info out there....

Comment

Originally posted by papabearclif View Post
                  I had this same gun and sold it. One of the few that I regret getting rid of.
                  I have been there before. This gun seems to be a stout chunk of steel. Loading a few more rounds today and hope to hit the range with it soon.

Comment

I have heard a lot of folks cast their own. I would like to look into it but don't even know where to start. Almost too much info out there....
                    Check out castboolits.com. tons of info and and plenty of help. Casting your own is cheap compared to buying and fairly simple to do. I powdercoat mine rather than lube:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"

Comment

Remington 700 ADL 22-250 from Cabelas. They have them on sale from $499 to $425 and then Remington has a $75 mail in rebate plus I had a $20 coupon and got Military discount. I ended up paying just over $350 out the door for this rifle. Smokin DealClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0857.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	24485587

Comment

Picked this up at Saxet today for a very cheap price. I do not think it has ever been shot. Gonna break it down tonight and clean it and lube it.

I know alot of you dont like Chiappa but the trigger feels good.

Hopefully will take it to range soon.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bought a Radical Firearms 6.8spc rifle for my little boy. Hopefully it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            [ATTACH]840326[/ATTACH]

.308 predator. $399 from premier armory in Denton. Time to accessorize!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
                            $800 later. Just missing a can on the end...Click image for larger version

Name:	20170222_223310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	24485993

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wandered over to the gun counter at my post exchange. This 3" 686+ had been screaming at me for almost the two years I've been here. Long story short, got them from $725 to $552 out the door......so I took it home.
                              Attached Files

Comment

686 is a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X