Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    When my son was in middle school in Allen, one year toilet paper was on the school supply list!
    Haha! Can’t ever have too many hockey tickets!

Comment

I hope they do better with the playground concrete than they did with the stadium...

Comment

The 4 requests I got this week had nothing to do with PTA. I get their stuff too.
        Well post up what it is for, because there are laws in place about fundraising. School isn't the one doing it, so who is it?

Comment

I understand the frustration about football having huge stadiums to play football in, but unless you live in that community, you shouldn't complain. Also, big ticket items such as new schools and football stadiums are not part of a regular school budget. Those things are paid for with bonds. The people in the community vote on bonds which specifically list where and how the money for the bond will be spent. So, the majority of the people that live in these communities are ok with the large stadiums. If they weren't, the bond would have never passed to build it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
            Well post up what it is for, because there are laws in place about fundraising. School isn't the one doing it, so who is it?
            The playground was from The Friends of Anderson Elementary. Not related to PTA. The other 3 were for even more school supplies for classroom projects that I feel should be supplied by the district. Also not PTA related.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
              I understand the frustration about football having huge stadiums to play football in, but unless you live in that community, you shouldn't complain. Also, big ticket items such as new schools and football stadiums are not part of a regular school budget. Those things are paid for with bonds. The people in the community vote on bonds which specifically list where and how the money for the bond will be spent. So, the majority of the people that live in these communities are ok with the large stadiums. If they weren't, the bond would have never passed to build it.
              Exactly. This $75 thing is apples and oranges to the stadium or any other large capital improvements to/for a DISTRICT.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                True, but the CyFair facility serves twelve 6A high schools. CyFair is the third largest district in the state behind only Houston ISD and Dallas ISD.
                It's also a church on Sunday's.

Comment

Exactly. This $75 thing is apples and oranges to the stadium or any other large capital improvements to/for a DISTRICT.
                  Yeah, the stadium is a whole different issue. It was bond money.

Comment

The playground was from The Friends of Anderson Elementary. Not related to PTA. The other 3 were for even more school supplies for classroom projects that I feel should be supplied by the district. Also not PTA related.
                    I literally just did a 3 second google search, it is the PTA, they just call this once a year fundraising event "Friends of Anderson":

FRIENDS OF ANDERSON 2018 Edition
                    Friends of Anderson 2018 Edition is our fall fundraising drive designed to help meet our fundraising goal
                    for the 2018‐2019 school year and also defray the cost of the many activities and programs sponsored
                    and run by the Anderson PTA. There is no selling, delivery, or collecting money.
                    It’s as easy as writing a
                    check and you are done! This year our fundraising goal is to raise $17,000 for playground improvements
                    (update our blacktop with games/activities, similar to Story Elementary, and add soccer goals). This
                    fundraising goal is on top of our operating budget for the year. Our recommended donation amount per
                    family is $50. In the spring we will be hosting a silent auction to help us raise the remaining funds needed
                    to reach our fundraising goals and annual budget.

Comment

And the supplies you are talking about are on a teacher/classroom basis. They don't have to do those things as part of curiculum, it is designed to help your granddaughter have more fun learning.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        It went to the football stadium
                        Nah, that's Katy ISD. At least the kids can play on a playground. A football stadium only the elite few get to use.

Comment

I would venture to say Curt knows more about schools and stadiums than just about anyone one the GS.

Comment

And the supplies you are talking about are on a teacher/classroom basis. They don't have to do those things as part of curiculum, it is designed to help your granddaughter have more fun learning.
                            This is more of a frustration rant. I feel like the building and property belong to Allen ISD. If repairs or upgrades are needed, the district needs to foot the bill with the tax dollars the citizens are paying. The classroom stuff is not as big a deal. It just gets frustrating when every e-mail you open is asking for more $ in some form or fashion.

Comment

We have another football stadium going up a few miles down Cypresswood from Spring High School. Really getting tired of how they wipe their behind with our tax dollars.

Comment

You know all these large stadiums are done via a bond that is voted on by the citizens. So, who is really at fault for the higher taxes?

Comment

Working...
                                X