You be the guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post

Rsatt, that's the BIGGEST 155 I've ever seen. If he's 155, I shouldn't have to worry. Unless you're talking "net". LOL

No, that is gross...........BUT I scored him myself.

Comment

Yeah, I had to cover it with the netting so the buck wouldn't know he was getting shot from a cheap blind. LOL

Comment

Here are my thoughts.

His "up" is his strong suit. His 4 on the right being short helps keep him down. If it matched the left, forget it. Only the left brow is split. He started to grow splits on the right, but he must have broken it early. I'll argue we have no proof of them being there. I give him 63 up.

His down is what I hope keeps him under 160. His mass isn't very strong. 30 to 31 inches. Beams dont look that long, so I gave him 46. He's just outside his ears. I gave him 18 max. That's 95. 158 is what I'm guessing. Gives me a couple inches in case I'm under on something, but I think I gave him max numbers.

One thing I've learned over the years. Beams are hard to guess and mass in trail cams almost always looks less than what it is.

I may be over a little in spread, especially the way his right side seems to turn in sooner than the left. Also, with his beam length, I may get back an inch or so. Very little wiggle room.

If I make the decision to shoot him and he's a little over, I won't cry, but I would like to avoid 500 dollars an inch.

Comment

Go ahead Doc, if he's over we will take up a collection at next year's Bownanza. I'll bet we can come up with 20 or 30 bucks!

Comment

This deer has kinda a similar shape with shorter points... honestly dunno how much it will help but all measurements are there...

Comment

i think your good to go whatever your decision be he is a awesome buck

Comment

Double L, that'll buy me 1/8 inch...almost. LOL I dropped that out of my pocket at the gas station before I got to Bonanza. LOL Maybe I could auction that autographed pic you got for me and buy a few inches.

Comment

Tuthdoc, take it from me..........

You are good to go!!! Those slick 8s are trickier than that old buck and I say shoot his *** before you get tired. You been at full draw a long time

Comment

i am nowhere near good enough at scoring on the hoof to pull this one out...

most of the time i am within 5 to 10 which is not very good at 500 an inch...

i think i will stick to construction rather than guiding....

Comment

Gotta love 80% let off. LOL

Comment

i dont think he is over 150 very nice

Comment

Sorry my bad, I just done a quick look and thought one of the bucks was a different one, now going back I can see where I messed up.

anyways I don't think you have to worry he's not going to break 60, if he does it won't be by much.

Comment

Great looking deer. I think you are safe by several inches. Just cant get him over 155 - 156.. Gonna go with 155 final answer.

Comment

I got 157 4/8. I do not think he is going to crack 160. Does not have the mass or the tine length. Cool looking deer.

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                                Double L, that'll buy me 1/8 inch...almost. LOL I dropped that out of my pocket at the gas station before I got to Bonanza. LOL Maybe I could auction that autographed pic you got for me and buy a few inches.
                                Chew would pay a bunch for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X