• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	24147395 I think where that pin is is the end of area 5.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment JD. I believe we owe it to the animals we hunt to do everything we can to find them after the shot. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Anyway wanted to let everyone know the theives are at it again. Had my blind and another camera swiped this past Sunday. I just don't understand how some people think. They apparently don't know what karma is.

Comment

Hey guys I was talking to a friend of mine that used to work for the lakes department of the city and they said that periodically they would have to go out and pick up all the hunting gear that people would leave out there. Its not permitted to leave blinds and cams so they would pick them up (cut home made blinds with chain saws break cables etc.). He said they would keep the stuff at their shop until some one claimed them. So I would check with them, the shop I believe is on Knickerbocker where fisherman's road splits off. Plus why would you leave stuff out there anyways?

Comment

It is tough pulling tree stand and or tripods out of and area everyday or night takes awhile for animals to get use to new items they see in and area we dont have straight up trees 30 ft to hide in keep the area you hunt in clean and remove stuff when finish hunting at end of the year should be a problem tell lake patrol to go mess with trouble makers leave honest man alone alot of crap goes on out at that lake that seems to go un noticed I get a little upset when you see people out there shooting claybirds and other **** and never clean up but put a deerblind up and your half freaking criminal arrows and one shell from a gun are easy to clean I would be ****** if they took my stuff for no reason tell them we should date our equipment should be good till feb 1 my opinion sorry dont want to hurt feelings

Comment

rbertman yeah I know what you're saying. People throw garbage and leave shells and stuff out there all the time, it sucks. I haven't left anything out there but I understand why it takes time to leave things to let the animals get used to it like blinds and stuff. Sorry I wasn't trying to stir up any hurt feelings either, its just I've read a lot about people losing stuff out there.

Comment

Everyone I've talked to at the city says they go out and clean up after the season. I checked with them before I posted. I was hurt at work and I am on workers comp checks. I couldn't afford a deer lease this year. The only reason I put a blind out there was so my daughter could hunt with me. She has a hard time being still. I hunted that blind 4 to 5 times a week and never had anyone come by me or setup by it. About 2 to 3 weeks ago I started getting pics of guys walking thru there with shotguns and smoking and I have found beer cans. That is the kind of people that ruin our public hunting land. I should have took my blind then but I wasn't too worried because the blind and camera where free. It just bothers me that there are people that give us real hunters a bad name.

Comment

that is so true bad apples in every bunch no feelings hurt just gets old hearing that the park police are out there to help but tend to mess with the good ones

Comment

Was out in the area V this afternoon on the west side of the river and found a "newer" looking tree stand made out of some 2X4's.... In a pecan tree roughly 15-20 ft up...had several big scraps all around it.... Anyone on the GS wanna calm hunting back there?

Either way that looks like a bada ss spot, was very curious if you had any luck out of the tree or saw any giants?

I personally hunted area IV other side of highway roughly 800-1000 yards from tree to tree wanted to see if if maybe you had a cam out in that area wanted to see if the same bucks were cruising through both spots. Would love to here from ya or anyone that hunted area V...

Comment

Any one turkey hunt opening day? Area 2 in particular?

Comment

Anyone doing any pig hunting in the area? Im looking at going here pretty soon just looking ofr some pointers.

Comment

Play the Wind, use cake mix as a cheap attractant, and don't come under gunned.

Comment

Lol what do you mean under gunned? I dint think you could hunt with anything but a bow out there? I plan to hunt from my mule with a bow I dont want to be on the ground with those things lol. Any recomendations as wheres a good place I have only hunted the back of 3 but I noticed a lot of routing in the front close to the parking place.

Comment

With only 2 GW's for the fine county of Tom Green... I really don't think you have alot to worry about "The Man" getting you with a gun but to each their own. Areas 1 2 and 3 have great activity for hogs.... most don't stay on the lake property they stay on the private land around the lake until after dark then they venture on to TWR property but never to far from a fence hole. Best thing to tell ya is set up in an area near a fence hole with feed and a trail cam to figure out whats there or whats not there and try your best not to get smelt (meaning: what you planned on doing getting off the ground)

Comment

Thank you sir will keep all this in mind. I have a nice side arm I might carry just in case.

Comment

camping in the hunting areas

does anyone know if you can camp overnight in the hunting areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X