No announcement yet.

180 class 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all hog hunters hunt there for the hogs. Why does a poacher poach? When you find heads tied to trees to be retreived later, you get an idea that some of the deer that suddenly come up missing aren't dying of old age. The "corn heads" are usually the deer that disappear.

Comment

I got it. Cant believe that they do that, a slick 180" 10pt could be really costly in more than a few ways.

Comment

Glad he made it through!!

Now if you could please stop screwing around with cameras and get in the rain dance circle with the rest of us...

I think it is actually pretty cool that you guys have that suspicion secrecy thing still going on. It makes it more fun! I miss the competition of a lease type environment.

(of course if you have yahoos coming to you begging to shoot big 2 year olds along with that secrecy thing... I dont miss that...)
        Last edited by Encinal; 05-09-2009, 03:59 PM.

Comment

My legs are hurting from the amount of rain dancing I have been doing.

Comment

cant wait to see what he turns out to be this year

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              cant wait to see what he turns out to be this year
              Hopefully he stays 10 and puts on more mass without losing G-4 length!!

Comment

Last month, the rain dance worked. We got three big toad stranglers. Radar shows we might have gotten another 1/2 inch since. We just need to keep it going.

At San Angelo, the ponds and holes that have been dry for a couple years are pool level. As a matter of fact, they filled up overnight. I got rained out of my only turkey trip and had to leave Mailman's feeder empty because I couldn't get to it. If we could relocate a little of that south, we'd have it made.

I'm with Encinal on the above buck. Although he's not one I can kill, I still hope he stays a giant, clean 10. A 180 to 190 clean 10 is RARE. We'll get an idea what he's possibly going to be in about 3 months. I'll put my cameras back out in July.

Comment

Great looking deer...hope you get first shot at him.

Comment

Can't to see him with his new head gear.

Comment

He'sI way too big for me. He'll be killed by one of the people who pay for the lease. I'll be happy with one between 150 and 160. I have a couple candidates in mind, if they don't eat themselves out of my range.

Comment

That is a big shed. Look forward to your pix of him growing.

Comment

Doc, tell me next time you are headed down that way to feed... love to hang out and shoot the breeze if I'm down there on a weekend too...

I'll buy ya lunch at Shelly's or dinner at Richards.

Comment

Hope you get him

Comment

good luck gettin em

Comment

g'luck on getting the ldp!

Comment

Working...
                                X