Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH Video Journal - Ep. 19 - "Chili for Breakfast" (The Deer Camp Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
    Side note: That is not normal for a flare, the oil dump got stuck closed/filled up/ and sent raw oil out to the flare and thats why the smoke. Hopefully they got to it before it started raining fire.

Thanks for clarifying that! It was a little scary when it happened, but then I started thinking it was normal. Thanks for the answer...that's why I included it in the video.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      Mmmmmmm. Duck! Can't wait to see if it was tasty or not! [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was!...

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I shared this on Michael's FB Post, and I thought I would share it over here as well...

I think your sentiments at the end of this edition, perfectly sum up "hunting" to me. Our 2400 acres "SW of Dallas" was one of my favorite spots on this planet. The actual hunting was phenomenonal, but the campfire was better. I loved hearing the Lee Boys tell of their escapades and give us newbies advice about EVERYTHING under the sun.

Those, like yourself, who have experienced those types of influences, people that are more than just friends and family, they are people that you genuinely love. When you mix that type of environment with being outdoors in God's Creation, it really doesn't get better.

It's why we do, what we do. The hunting and killing of an animal is so minuscule in the grand scheme of things. The fire, the fellowship, and the memories are what I cherish the most. Those videos are the perfect outlet to seal these memories for years to come.

As I reflect back on my time with John and his Brothers, I don't wish for one more deer, or one sit in a blind with him... I long for just one more campfire. I learned so much, and solved so many problems under the stars beside a hot bed of mesquite coals in Tom Green County. For me, it couldn't have been any better.

I appreciate your work as always Mi Amigo... Merry Christmas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
          Side note: That is not normal for a flare, the oil dump got stuck closed/filled up/ and sent raw oil out to the flare and thats why the smoke. Hopefully they got to it before it started raining fire.

I'm surprised the separator didn't high level esd and shut in the well. Maybe it doesn't have that feature. Hmmmm.

Comment

That does look tasty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
              I shared this on Michael's FB Post, and I thought I would share it over here as well...

Thanks for sharing that, Matt. We were fortunate to share a virtual campfire with John. His influence is evident.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

All of us here have been blessed by the amazing generosity of Michael in his brainchild that is TBH. I consider many here not only lifelong friends but truly as close to me as family.

Some of us have been even further blessed through Michael's amazing generosity with his modest slice of heaven in what is the MMR. Most of us would lock a place like this up tight and only allow access to a very select few. Luckily for many of us, Michael was quite the opposite. Hunting South Texas was something I’d only dreamed of and read about in the words of the likes John Wooters. My Charity trips to the MMR made it a reality. Incredible hunts and more incredible fellowship.

Later on, Michael allowed me to pay my brother back for years of taking me hunting in the sandhills of NW Oklahoma and he was lucky enough to connect on what I believe is the best buck taken off the MMR today.

Write up: My First South Texas Buck
                Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                  All of us here have been blessed by the amazing generosity of Michael in his brainchild that is TBH. I consider many here not only lifelong friends but truly as close to me as family.

Some of us have been even further blessed through Michael's amazing generosity with his modest slice of heaven in what is the MMR. Most of us would lock a place like this up tight and only allow access to a very select few. Luckily for many of us, Michael was quite the opposite. Hunting South Texas was something I’d only dreamed of and read about in the words of the likes John Wooters. My Charity trips to the MMR made it a reality. Incredible hunts and more incredible fellowship.

Later on, Michael allowed me to pay my brother back for years of taking me hunting in the sandhills of NW Oklahoma and he was lucky enough to connect on what I believe is the best buck taken off the MMR today.

Write up: My First South Texas Buck

You're making me blush! Thanks for sharing that, Devin!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                  X