Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pictures

Comment

Sooo cool! I have been wanting to go to NM for aoudad or ibex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great writeup. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for sharing hope to do a hunt like that soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome share!! You got a pic of your diy phone scope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heres two of the phone scopes. Both molded out of pvc and costing less than $1. Nice thing about making one is that you can make it to fit your phone case too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4575.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	24486030

Name:	IMG_4109.jpg
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	24486031

Comment

GREAT post! Thanks dude, really enjoyed it!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

That looks like a really fun hunt!

Comment

How about a "how to " on the DIY phone scope. I would like to try that.

Comment

great pics! thanks for sharing the experience

Comment

I may do a video on the phone scope but I doubt there would be enough guys interested for the effort. Most guys have $40 to just buy one.

I will kinda of walk through it though. Its super easy.

1. Cut a piece of 2 or 3" pvc a little longer than your phone and then cut it down the middle like a hot dog bun.
                          2. Stick it in the oven for a few minutes on low to soften it up
                          3. Clamp it down flat.
                          4. Trace your phone. Leave a lot of material around the camera if you have an iphone with the camera on the edge. Also leave a few little tabs around the edges to fold around the phone later.
                          5. Drill a good sized hole lined up with your camera. May need a dremel to make it big enough depending on how thick your phone case is.
                          6. Use a heat gun to heat up the tabs and then fold them around your phone. Trim them so your phone can slide or snap in and out. I made mine the rigth size to snap in.
                          7. Take your optic to lowes and find a pvc end cap that is slightly smaller than or the same size as the eye piece. Ones with the flat end work best.
                          8. Heat up the end cap and fit it onto your eyepiece. This is important to keep it from twisting.
                          9. Drill a big hole in the end of the cap
                          10. Put your end cap on the eye piece and phone in its holder. Line everything up so you can see through the optic clearly and the vignette is centered on the screen. Have your wife trace around the end cap.
                          11. Rough both pieces up. Epoxy the two pieces together. If you want you can drill a small hole and run a nail through the two and epoxy in place for extra strength.
                          13. Shave all the excess off around the end cap and sand it all smooth.
                          14. Paint or dip is as wanted. I painted mine. Buddy dipped his in asat. Other buddy ran with bare pvc.

Comment

Heres another pic taken through the 15x binos. Kind of facing into the sun. Those elk were ranged at 900 yards.

Name:	IMG_4906.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	24490773

Comment

Thanks for sharing!! Great info all around. What size and brand tipi is that??

Comment

Its an SO Redcliff

Comment

Working...
                                X