No announcement yet.

NRA Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really break it down its basically saying....

We are the government and we dont trust you peasants with guns around us.......at a NRA rally. Lol its comical.

NRA uninviting Pence because of that would have probably sent a stronger message and got more national attention than the rally itself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
      If you really break it down its basically saying....

We are the government and we dont trust you peasants with guns around us.......at a NRA rally. Lol its comical.

NRA uninviting Pence because of that would have probably sent a stronger message and got more national attention than the rally itself.

You understand the real fight is political......not public opinion....right?
      and the Vice President of the United States speaking a the NRA convention...wouldnt be good for that fight...how exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        You understand the real fight is political......not public opinion....right?
        and the Vice President of the United States speaking a the NRA convention...wouldnt be good for that fight...how exactly?
        You do realize public opinion controls politics right? You send a message to the talking heads that you are not more important than any of our rights. Doesn't matter how close to the top you are.

Last edited by Part Timer; 04-30-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Yall get that there are several counter protests planned too and that it wont be just a bunch of Trump supporting NRA members? Have you ever been to one of the Lefts counter protests (or seen one on the TV), there tends to be lots of stuff on fire and people running around with their faces covered.

Dont just single out Pence, Governor Greg Abbott, and Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz will also be in attendance.

I bet some of yall are against the Pope mobile, since God could just stop any bullets or bad stuff himself.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
            You do realize public opinion controls politics right? You send a message to the talking heads that you are not more important than any of our rights. Doesn't matter how close to the top you are.

you truly just say.. "public opinion" controls politics? with a straight ****in face?

Comment

you truly just say.. "public opinion" controls politics? with a straight ****in face?
              Who votes in politicians? the Public.
              Who controls public opinion? the public.
              How do politicians campaign? public opinion.
              Who is Pence? a politician.
              What does he represent for us?.....public opinion......

Are we thinking of the term "public opinion" differently? if so my bad.

So......yes to both of you questions. But now my face is more puzzled that you think politicians don't represent public opinion. That's democracy 101

I get the SS, but the irony is hilarious.

Its the government saying i can have guns to protect me, but you can't have guns to protect you because i dont trust you......again.....at a NRA rally.
              Last edited by Part Timer; 04-30-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Are weapons allowed at any event where the President or Vice President will be speaking?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  Are weapons allowed at any event where the President or Vice President will be speaking?
                  NOPE! That's why everyone's ranting and raving about this is so comical.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                    NOPE! That's why everyone's ranting and raving about this is so comical.
                    What's comical is the defense of this idiotic move.

So you agree with the Secret Service that banning guns from their speaking engagements makes them safer?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      What's comical is the defense of this idiotic move.

So you agree with the Secret Service that banning guns from their speaking engagements makes them safer?
                      YOU and I in a room.
                      I have a gun
                      you have a gun.
                      I take away your gun.
                      I am safer.

get it?

we get your point... but you are picking a fight about **** that if you take the letters NRA out of it..wouldnt ****in matter to you in any way shape or form... because its part of doing business if you want a President or VP to attend your function.

Comment

This "move" isn't anything other than protecting the POTUS AND VPOTUS. Reading anything into it other than that is just childish. Regardless of anyone's political stance or the organization. Continue stomping your feet. We will just sit back and laugh.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Point being the SS could give two ****s about you or me. Their practices drive only the protection of the POTUS and VPOTUS + family. Hell they would shoot your face off without hesitation to stop a potential assassin hiding behind you.

Still, very ironic that the NRA would ever accept a gun free zone regardless of who is attending especially when the POTUS has been very vocal and active against the 2nd Amn. But like so many politicians up for mid term elections the NRA will side itself with its ideological enemy for PR purposes.

NRA either publically calls out the POTUS to clarify/justify his statements re no due process, passing legislation against the 2nd amn., banning accessories to firearms and fire arm seizures or it rolls over and shows its belly.

Comment

You do not need an advance ticket to get into just the exhibit hall, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
                              You do not need an advance ticket to get into just the exhibit hall, correct?
                              No. It's open to all NRA members in good standing.

I pre-registered and got my wife's an my passes sent to the house because this old(er) guy doesn't do standing in line very well.

NRA's Event Of The Year - You're invited to NRA's biggest celebration, with an action-packed lineup of events that includes dinners, auctions, concerts, raffles, seminars, workshops, book signings and more.

Comment

YOU and I in a room.
                                I have a gun
                                you have a gun.
                                I take away your gun.
                                I am safer.

get it?

we get your point... but you are picking a fight about **** that if you take the letters NRA out of it..wouldnt ****in matter to you in any way shape or form... because its part of doing business if you want a President or VP to attend your function.
                                I have a gun (legally)
                                You have a gun (legally)
                                Bad guy has a gun (illegally)

Sounds like an even playing field to me.

The point is that this is what they do, and people can't even speak out against it because they are so brainwashed. The NRA is involved. This is not a hypothetical.

Routinely call the left sheep, and then fall right in line when this type of dumb ish happens. Call a spade a spade no matter who/what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X