No announcement yet.

2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The vine is turning into a swamp where I normally hunt in the vine. I’m looking to hunt hogs tomorrow and the next few days east of 377 but south of Denton Creek. Can I get some intel about that piece? Anybody see hogs in that area?

RedTail Hunter
    Last edited by RedTail Hunter; 02-21-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
      The vine is turning into a swamp where I normally hunt in the vine. I’m looking to hunt hogs tomorrow and the next few days east of 377 but south of Denton Creek. Can I get some intel about that piece? Anybody see hogs in that area?

RedTail Hunter
      Probably going to be pretty muddy or under water there in parts as well. If I had some muck boots I would be out there is the rain would let up.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

They are all over out there.

Comment

Where you out there the other day?

Comment

Me? No.

Comment

Sloppy Mess

Hunted the west side of the vine for hogs yesterday afternoon and evening. No hogs but lots of Armadillos. I did find somebody’s arrow. If you see a big white dually off 377 this afternoon, that’s me.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                Me? No.
                Dang ok I saw a white newish Chevy and a blue older Chevy truck's.
                Hunted the west side of the vine for hogs yesterday afternoon and evening. No hogs but lots of Armadillos. I did find somebody’s arrow. If you see a big white dually off 377 this afternoon, that’s me.
                Dang armadillos. Did you go in from 377 or 35? Troy lost some arrows and a quiver a few months ago.

Comment

I decide to pass on the normal 377 entry until tomorrow. I will keep my eyes open. I went further northeast to the Hog Only hunting grounds. I saw six does which winded me an left. I saw one armadillo, he was a fatty. Came across a feed area with some fresh scat and game trails, but no hogs showed up this evening. I’ll be out there in the morning at O’ Dark thirty.

Comment

I decide to pass on the normal 377 entry until tomorrow. I will keep my eyes open. I went further northeast to the Hog Only hunting grounds. I saw six does which winded me an left. I saw one armadillo, he was a fatty. Came across a feed area with some fresh scat and game trails, but no hogs showed up this evening. I’ll be out there in the morning at O’ Dark thirty.
                    Good luck man. Yeah I've been over to the hog only area a few times this new year. I've only seen pigs in the neighbors hog pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbowslaughter View Post
                      Dang ok I saw a white newish Chevy and a blue older Chevy truck's. Dang armadillos. Did you go in from 377 or 35? Troy lost some arrows and a quiver a few months ago.

Might be his?

Comment

Is it a pile driver with slick trick on it ? I lost one

Comment

The single arrow I found was a Beman Hunter 360.

I did some scouting/hog hunting yesterday morning east of 377. Spoke briefly with a couple walking their dog, ran into the Game Warden and saw a guy rabbit hunting with a shotgun. I did come across some huge hog scat, so I hope to cross paths with him next month.

Comment

I lost a Mathews quiver with Maxima Red arrows. Thanks for asking though guys. I'm not holding out much hope that it'll be found.

Comment

Went out for a few hours today. Didn't see any hogs. I did spook up about 10 deer, 2 were bucks and both had there antlers. Any idea when they will be dropping?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                                Great. Post a pic. Done. The going back and forth over what the deer scored or didn't score is stupid and adds nothing to the thread. Next thing you know we're going to be posting pics of your big stripers on the Whitney public hunting thread because the Brazos River passes through Whitney COE land.

Plus there are way more important topics to discuss...like a huge shooter being down and then the tracking dog bat signal being blasted out.
                                LMAO , LARRY IS right ! Hope to see you out there this season Larry You are due !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X