Brisket: A Detailed "How To"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistolpete View Post
    would it be safe to assume that you might do the same type of write up on your outstanding looking RIBS?
    I might be able to manage that.

Comment

I bought a choice out here in Jackson for $3.49 last weekend to use for a comp practice run. It came out PERFECT.
      Attached Files

Comment

They only had 4 Prime and all were very thin on one end and very thick on the other. I know you said you like the thickness to be as uniform as you can find from one end to the other. The Select cuts were more uniform in thickness. I'm an hour from Costco, so it will probably be at least a few weeks before I make it back over there.

Comment

The TC Way

Thanks to TC, I cooked the best brisket so far. Here's a little chum before lunch!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowpro12 View Post
            Thanks to TC, I cooked the best brisket so far. Here's a little chum before lunch!
            SCORE!!!

How did those ribs turn out the other day?!

Comment

They turned out awesome as well. An easy 9 on the scale. This was the first full size rack I've done (non-baby back). Taste and texture was fabulous. However, I want to somehow work on the tenderness a little. Somewhere in between fall off the bone and chewy.

Comment

Aw Man those look GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by bowpro12 View Post
                  They turned out awesome as well. An easy 9 on the scale. This was the first full size rack I've done (non-baby back). Taste and texture was fabulous. However, I want to somehow work on the tenderness a little. Somewhere in between fall off the bone and chewy.

Looks like you knocked that one out of the park too!!!! So when ya gonna start competing?! I can tell you like to cook, if you ever went to a cookoff you'd be HOOOOOKED!!!! I am going to be competing in Cranfills Gap at an IBCA Event on Sep 12 & 13, you should stop by!

Comment

Those ribs look great. Can you give details.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                      Those ribs look great. Can you give details.
                      x2!

Comment

great information. Most people pull their brisket way to early because the meat thermometer says well done is 180. They think taking a brisket will cause the brisket to be dry. I usually always take mine to 195? and then into a cooler for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
                          great information. Most people pull their brisket way to early because the meat thermometer says well done is 180. They think taking a brisket will cause the brisket to be dry. I usually always take mine to 195? and then into a cooler for a few hours.
                          Don't pull it based on temperature, pull it when it probes tender. It differs from brisket to brisket. I've pulled them as low as the upper 90's and as hot as 210 ish... it all depends on the brisket.

Comment

Saving this. Might give it a shot opening weekend at the lease.

Comment

Very informative, thank you.

Comment

subscribed. Thanks for the info!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X