Army worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
    Question for the experts. Can these chemicals be applied effectively or safely with just a hand sprayer? I don’t own any spraying equipment and the places that need treating are 1 acre or less. Big yard and a small horse pasture, and maybe a small food plot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    big yard you can use one of the sprayers that goes on water hose, just set the proportioner set correct

Comment

Question for the experts. Can these chemicals be applied effectively or safely with just a hand sprayer? I don’t own any spraying equipment and the places that need treating are 1 acre or less. Big yard and a small horse pasture, and maybe a small food plot.

Yes, but will require 20-25 gallons of water per acre in most applications

Comment

A customer of mine makes a chemical that is all natural (safe for people and livestock)that targets army worms and their larvae. https://www.agbitech.com/au/home.aspx

They have a location in Fort Worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Yes, but will require 20-25 gallons of water per acre in most applications

Dang.

Comment

So, when should I plant oats in Leon county?

Never had them eat my plots and always plant around October 1.

Thanks.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post

Thanks.

BP
              If not joining an ag field with worms oct 1 should work. If secluded with no worms near by you could be ok. But I’d monitor weekly at minimum

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post

Thanks.

BP
                I usually plant mine about the 10-12th of October and have had good luck.

I am covered up with army worms right now. Spent all day spraying yesterday.

I'd sure wait til cooler weather to plant anything right now.

Comment

ReclaimIT, BifenIT, etc. in a hose end sprayer should do a lot. There are tank mixing instructions on the bottle, too.

Comment

We usually plant 2nd week in October and have good luck , But I might play it safe and wait until the 3 week this yr . I'm gonna keep a watch on them and go from there .

Comment

I wish they'd hit our pastures. Our cattle guy hasn't mowed in 2 years.

Comment

My yard is probably 75% gone. I saw them late last week but havent had time until this morning after work to put anything down. I put down some Sevin...hope it does work.

Comment

I sprayed yesterday. They hit us pretty hard in Collin County.

Comment

Just got home from checking my food plot. Little 1/3 acre I planted with clover at the beginning of sept right before the rain. Last week clover was thick and beautiful, this morning not a single clover leaf left. Worms everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              ReclaimIT, BifenIT, etc. in a hose end sprayer should do a lot. There are tank mixing instructions on the bottle, too.

Thanks

Comment

You can get all of those from the Co-op, too. They said they were getting a shipment today.

Comment

Working...
                                X