No announcement yet.

Who has a 50 BMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just my thinking, but to me a .50 bmg was a little dissapointing. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm glad it was a friends money and not mine. If I wanted another long range round and already had a .338 lapua. It would be a 408 cheytac without a doubt. And my buddy enjoys his much more than he did his .50.
    B

Comment

I have a good friend that has one. He has owned it for 3 years now and has never fired it.

Comment

I had a Barret M95 for almost 8yrs. It was a lot of fun the first few years: Punching holes in tractor weights and old engines, boring .5" holes through 10" diameter trees, killed several pigs and a deer with it just to do it. The surplus FMJ bullets won't expand in animals so they don't do much damage to meat...but watch out if they start tumbling. Once, I once put a clean .5" hole through both shoulders of a pig, but the pig standing behind him was just obliterated!

Then I had kids and didn't make time to shoot it for the last 5 yrs. I couldn't stand having so much money just sitting in a safe not being used, so I sold it to buy a thermal scope! Overall, it was fun and I got every dime of my money back when I sold it, so don't hesitate to buy one if you have the cash and want to play with one for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mmurphey View Post
          ...but watch out if they start tumbling. Once, I once put a clean .5" hole through both shoulders of a pig, but the pig standing behind him was just obliterated!
          I want to see that PIC!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            Congrats on being gay!

I would rather a more functional gun in 338 Lapua and an instagram Model for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I️ have a 338LM too. It’s not near as much fun but still makes you giggle!

Comment

I have been looking at the 82A1, its about a 30 pound gun, that shoots $5 bills. I dont really plan on it being an every day gun. More looking at it as an investment that will bring me loads of joy, and a place to park some money, that should not decrease in value. And to justify the price, I am deprecating the family heirloom over a few decades, so it is only like a few hundred a year if you look at it that way.

There is no replacement for displacement, or something like that.

Sometimes, I dont think I need one. Then I watch this.

You've seen him rapidfire the beast- but this time Jerry Miculek makes an outstanding, seemingly impossible shot using a 34 pound Barrett M107 50 caliber rif...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                I think having this would be better than having a horny super model for a weekend. Lol
                Not ! Go for the super model. 50 is fun to shoot, if you have the extra cash enjoy it but there are a lot of other fun to shoot guns around that you may use more.

Comment

I think having this would be better than having a horny super model for a weekend. Lol
                  The 50 would be less expensive over time.

Comment

I have been wanting one for a long time and thinking about buying one. I have never shot one or held one. I just like big guns. My question is, for those of you that have one how often do you shoot it, what other purpose does it have besides target shooting and just looking dang cool in your gun collection. I’m just trying to justify buying one or should I just find another gun to buy. I don’t want the price of gun and ammo to be a factor either.

Thanks
                    a good friend of mine has a Steyr ,,, with a 36 x scope,,, and it is darn fun to shoot, he can bring it to my place any time! he also buy his ammo by the 1/2 pallet!!

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                      a good friend of mine has a Steyr ,,, with a 36 x scope,,, and it is darn fun to shoot, he can bring it to my place any time! he also buy his ammo by the 1/2 pallet!!
                      1/2 pallet, he has more money than I do. It’s expensive enough buying shotgun shells by the pallet.

Comment

You been watching episodes of Demolition Ranch on YouTube? That dude has a .50bmg.. my 11 year old loves his channel.

Comment

FIL has a Barret .50 semi-auto. BIL shot it off his tool box on his truck and the percussion blew out the back windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            FIL has a Barret .50 semi-auto. BIL shot it off his tool box on his truck and the percussion blew out the back windshield.
                            Ouch

Comment

1/2 pallet, he has more money than I do. It’s expensive enough buying shotgun shells by the pallet.
                              he does well for himself,,

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                i do not doubt that at all, they will blow a hat off your head with the right type of brake on them....there wa sa light drizzle one day when we were shooting and if you stood directly behind the shooter you could see a path with no rain as the bullet passed,, freaking awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X