Ruger M77 Hawkeye replacement stock suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger M77 Hawkeye replacement stock suggestions

As stated in the title I have a River M77 Hawkeye that I am wanting to change the stock on. The only 2 I've seen that interest me so far are the Hogue full bed block stock and the McMillan Hunter. Does anyone have any experience with either?

Of those two choices the McMillan is miles ahead of the Hogue

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      That's what I kinda figured based on the price. I'm not sure I wanna come off 550$ tho lol.

Comment

Hogue stocks are junk. Flimsy. McMillan or HS precision. Manners. Several others. McMillan and manners being the top 2. I need a McMillan for my m77 Hawkeye 300 win too lol

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          I'm with SmTx. McMillan and Hogue aren't even in the same ballpark. McMillan is the hands down winner. That being said, some people love Hogue stocks though. I've just never cared for how they feel, but that's more of a personal preference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the feed back guys! I'm leaning toward the McMillan. It is double the price of Houge but ya get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Hogue stocks are junk. Flimsy. McMillan or HS precision. Manners. Several others. McMillan and manners being the top 2. I need a McMillan for my m77 Hawkeye 300 win too lol
              This is my 1st M77 and I haven't had much time mess with it. What kind of group does yours shoot? Stock trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by DKey88 View Post
                This is my 1st M77 and I haven't had much time mess with it. What kind of group does yours shoot? Stock trigger?
                Timney trigger. Pillar and glass bedded. 3/4” groups. It doesn’t shoot real great. Very picky with ammo. 300 win mag with a KDF brake. But it’s got sentimental value to me.

Comment

I’ll chime in as well. Mcmillan or leave it in the factory stock. Hogues are garbage. If you pillar bed it and find the ammo it likes you will be around an inch most likely. Mine is also a sentimental piece.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Timney trigger. Pillar and glass bedded. 3/4” groups. It doesn’t shoot real great. Very picky with ammo. 300 win mag with a KDF brake. But it’s got sentimental value to me.
                    I'll be happy with that kind of groups.
                    Mine doesn't have any sentimental value to me but I did get a great deal on it so I figured I'd toy with it a bit and If I don't like with what I end up with I'll make someone else the same deal lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                      I’ll chime in as well. Mcmillan or leave it in the factory stock. Hogues are garbage. If you pillar bed it and find the ammo it likes you will be around an inch most likely. Mine is also a sentimental piece.

Sierracharlie out…
                      From all my findings you are correct on the Houges being trash. Think I'll spend the coin and go with the McMillan. Thank you for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by DKey88 View Post
                        I'll be happy with that kind of groups.
                        Mine doesn't have any sentimental value to me but I did get a great deal on it so I figured I'd toy with it a bit and If I don't like with what I end up with I'll make someone else the same deal lol.
                        It does not shoot 99% of ammo like that. Barnes vortx 150s is all it likes. It has a ton of freebore. I hand loaded some 180 accubonds and it liked them but I had to load them so long I could only load one in the chamber. It got real old real fast.

Depending on what McMillan you get, if you don’t like it, I may be interested. Mine is a long action.

Comment

It does not shoot 99% of ammo like that. Barnes vortx 150s is all it likes. It has a ton of freebore. I hand loaded some 180 accubonds and it liked them but I had to load them so long I could only load one in the chamber. It got real old real fast.

Depending on what McMillan you get, if you don’t like it, I may be interested. Mine is a long action.
                          Mine is in 7 mag. Not set on the model just yet but If i don't like it I'll be sure to let you know.

Comment

Working...
                          X