Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-trade, Scott trade or similar. Which one???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-trade, Scott trade or similar. Which one???

Just wondering who on here does their own trading and investing and to what extent.

Looking at opening an account with E-trade, Scott trade or something similar. Anyone with pros and cons on how they work and experiences, whether good or bad.

Which would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance

Anyone?

Comment

I used scottrade a couple years back. Made a little and cashed out. I really didn't have any issues with them, just got out of having to watch it all the time.

Comment

I use the Robinhood app on my phone. It is very simple to use, and I buy and sell small stocks all day long.

Comment

Tradestation, best trading platform out there, imho.

Comment

E Trade has worked pretty well for me. I'm sure all of the bigger trading platforms are good these days. Not sure what the others charge for trades though.

Comment

Fidelity has 4.95 trades and is a full service brokerage.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                I use the Robinhood app on my phone. It is very simple to use, and I buy and sell small stocks all day long.
                I just quickly looked at their site... is it for real free to trade? any catches?

Comment

I set up a TD Ameritrade account recently and was very happy with the process. All online, no CS involved. Funds cleared in a day. They gave me 500 free trades (expires in a month or so?); so have built a position moving in when the time was right, without any costs.

Overall the process was easy. Trades have been seamless. I have set my price targets, and they have executed without a hitch. Can't be happier.

On the other hand, about a year ago, I tried the same thing with Trade King (now bought by some other online broker.) Funds took 3 weeks to clear. Had to have several conversations with Customer Service, all unsatisfactory. Turned me off online trading for a while.

That has been my experience for what it is worth. More free advice, this market shows a real top; and a huge downstroke on the way. If you must be in the market, be nimble. Don't get greedy; and don't dance far from the door in case the drapes suddenly burst into flames. I invested a small amount of money that I am okay if I lose on oil company stocks trading at 1/50th of their peak value; in hopes they can hang on until sub sea returns. I may lose it all; and am okay with that. Otherwise, I would be as far from the market as I can be (and have been for the past 8 years.)

Comment

I have used scottrade and meryll lynch both charge a flat charge $6-8. I currently use robinhood no trade commission fees. Downside no website or pc trading only phone app.

Comment

Thanks for input. I have never heard of Robin hood, I will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TejasNW View Post
                        I set up a TD Ameritrade account recently and was very happy with the process. All online, no CS involved. Funds cleared in a day. They gave me 500 free trades (expires in a month or so?); so have built a position moving in when the time was right, without any costs.

Overall the process was easy. Trades have been seamless. I have set my price targets, and they have executed without a hitch. Can't be happier.

On the other hand, about a year ago, I tried the same thing with Trade King (now bought by some other online broker.) Funds took 3 weeks to clear. Had to have several conversations with Customer Service, all unsatisfactory. Turned me off online trading for a while.

That has been my experience for what it is worth. More free advice, this market shows a real top; and a huge downstroke on the way. If you must be in the market, be nimble. Don't get greedy; and don't dance far from the door in case the drapes suddenly burst into flames. I invested a small amount of money that I am okay if I lose on oil company stocks trading at 1/50th of their peak value; in hopes they can hang on until sub sea returns. I may lose it all; and am okay with that. Otherwise, I would be as far from the market as I can be (and have been for the past 8 years.)
                        Appreciate the thoughts. What I am wanting to do is play with a little money that isn't a big deal if I lose some or all. I currently have a financial advisor and am going to leave everything with him. He frowns on cannibus stocks and other far out stuff I want to gamble on

Comment

I've been using capitol one which is who bought out sharebuilder. I don't have experience elsewhere but have next to zero issue with the platform for 10 years. I am petty active I would say.

Comment

I use Schwab. Simple,easy, pretty inexpensive.

Comment

Originally posted by TejasNW View Post

1/1/09 the S&P was at ~865. Today it closed at 2353...

Comment

Working...
                              X