Sony shooters, new big guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony shooters, new big guns

I sold my big white Canon last year due to wanting to lighten the load so the more expensive one is not on my radar but I will be preordering the 200-600.

I’m in like Flynn on the 200-600

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      I’m in like Flynn on the 200-600
      No doubt.

Comment

I'm going to sell the 100-400 when this lens becomes available.

Comment

Meant to post this in my last post.
          200-600, 70-200, 100-400

Click image for larger version

Name:	48048102592_1c156a1f95_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	24583083

Comment

Did you see the 400 f/2.8? It's massive!

Comment

impressive specs on those! KJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Did you see the 400 f/2.8? It's massive!
                Chad, it's been out for awhile now and is too heavy for me in two areas, weight and price.

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
                impressive specs on those! KJ
                Agreed.

Comment

I'll be interested to see how that 200-600 compares to the Sigma 150-600mm Sport in terms of image quality. The weight savings is huge if IQ is as good or better. Maybe I need to look into swapping from Canon to Sony afterall...

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                    I'll be interested to see how that 200-600 compares to the Sigma 150-600mm Sport in terms of image quality. The weight savings is huge if IQ is as good or better. Maybe I need to look into swapping from Canon to Sony afterall...
                    One of the first two items I sold last year were a 5Dmk3 and 500 f4 and many couldn't believe I was doing it. I told them I had to do it fast like pulling a bandaid off, it hurt less. I've never looked back and now the long-awaited reach that will be manageable for me. I'll be pre-ordering today.

Comment

Starts shipping August 2, ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                        Starts shipping August 2, ordered.
                        Bill who did you preorder through and what was the down payment? Or is it full payment up front? Never preordered before so new to the game!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Bill who did you preorder through and what was the down payment? Or is it full payment up front? Never preordered before so new to the game!

Thanks
                          B&H and payment is made but I'm not sure if actually billed until shipment. Need to check but I had no doubt I was buying either way.

There a number of places to pre-order including Adorama which I buy from as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                            B&H and payment is made but I'm not sure if actually billed until shipment. Need to check but I had no doubt I was buying either way.

There a number of places to pre-order including Adorama which I buy from as well.
                            Bill, noticed you haven't been on in a few months and hope all is well! Was curious if you have received your lens and how its treating you?

Comment

Working...
                            X