TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
    Well mr eric moneybags, me bein' an old poor almost homeless cripple, you could get me a couple of dozen while your at it, shoot with that many I bet I could make enough to buy maw a new set of teeth so we could eat them coyotes I'm gonna catch.

LOL!! Greatness!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
      Well mr eric moneybags, me bein' an old poor almost homeless cripple, you could get me a couple of dozen while your at it, shoot with that many I bet I could make enough to buy maw a new set of teeth so we could eat them coyotes I'm gonna catch.
      Hahahah I'm just a poor trapper lol

We need to get together one of these days

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

One more today in the sheep but also lost a trap stinking dang donkeys.

Comment

Did a snow monkey take one

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
            Hahahah I'm just a poor trapper lol

We need to get together one of these days

Your right it's been to long since I've been over, I'll put a day trip in the works.

Comment

Got 6 footholds out, a bunch of DP’s and a carcass set guarded by 3 snares for my line this weekend. Man, it’s tough bedding traps in this rocky conglomerate we have out here. How do you guys deal with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
                Got 6 footholds out, a bunch of DP’s and a carcass set guarded by 3 snares for my line this weekend. Man, it’s tough bedding traps in this rocky conglomerate we have out here. How do you guys deal with that?

A good, BIG, heavy duty sifter and peat moss or some pre-sifted dirt if you have a place to dig it. Get you a 5 gal bucket or two and carry some good dry material with you. Keep it dry!!

Comment

Had a female today. Hope I am thinning them down.

Comment

Big male in the sheep
                    Also had the gyp in a snare

Comment

man I love his thread!

thank you gentlemen!

Comment

Any advise for coyotes powering out of Duke #4. Last Two nights in a row they have destroyed my set and got out. Setting about 8-9” from dirt dirt hole, coyote tracks and hair on the traps. Standard trap only night latched.

Comment

Great thread, I’ve never trapped anything other than nuisance possums and coons in cage traps. After watching some videos on trap setting, it really requires a lot of work to fool a coyote and bobcat. My hats off to you guys who do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                            Any advise for coyotes powering out of Duke #4. Last Two nights in a row they have destroyed my set and got out. Setting about 8-9” from dirt dirt hole, coyote tracks and hair on the traps. Standard trap only night latched.
                            What does the trap look like is it tore up or is he taking the trap with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                              Is it 4 coiled
                              An I hate to be this way but the first thing is try to get away from duke if it's the only thing you can afford I understand but in the long run they will cost you most in losses or it seemed to me

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                                Is it 4 coiled
                                An I hate to be this way but the first thing is try to get away from duke if it's the only thing you can afford I understand but in the long run they will cost you most in losses or it seemed to me

Yes it is 4 coiled. Cost isn’t a issue, the massive amounts of coyotes I have is. (Can’t use a gun where I am located). If Dukes are garbage then tell me what I need. At least I know my dirt hole sets are working because they are all over them according to my cameras

Comment

Working...
                                X