No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our practice and scrimmage against the other 8U team was rained out.. teams going to indoor cages ...
    got first tourney this weekend ..hopefully rain goes away by then..

Comment

I hope you guys get to play this weekend but not looking good here Austin area. My kid was suppose to throw against Westlake tonight but just got an email about a cancelation. If they do get a chance to play you guys post up some pics- I enjoy seeing the little ones in action.

Comment

now we have a 100% chance of rain till 10am on saturday...outlook not good
        Last edited by jshouse; 02-14-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Yeh.. we're being told we *may* have to play on Friday due to bbusa closing the half&half fields, and all tourney games are on the turf only fields.
          I see some of the teams have jumped to a nations tourney at scrapyards..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Yeh.. we're being told we *may* have to play on Friday due to bbusa closing the half&half fields, and all tourney games are on the turf only fields.
            I see some of the teams have jumped to a nations tourney at scrapyards..
            we are doing the select 30 in houston on march 10-11, i think its at BBUSA, i thought they were all turf, guess not, i am assuming we will be playing 7u. we are also doing a super NIT in beaumont on 4/21-22, again most likely 7u.

Comment

Depending what fields they shove you on... 7u fields 9 and 10 i think..which are full turf.
              field 8 is natural with a tendency to have sprinklers left on the night before for some **** reason.

we are going to miss you guys being there ..we are scheduled the weekend before
              We may pickup a nations tournament or two..but we are sticking mostly to the utrip unless we have to chase teams that are running from us ..

Comment

unless we have to chase teams that are running from us ..

Keep in mind it's 7 year olds.

Comment

haha a lot of the teams around dfw are getting away from utrip, other orgs are running better events with better facilities. utrip will always have its place with the big tournaments though i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Keep in mind it's 7 year olds.
                    Keep in mind you have no idea *** you talk about no matter what you talk about.
                    you havent ever been right about anything and your opinion means nothing.

go away.

ps..its 8 year olds and its a pretty common ****in practice in tournament ball for some teams.
                    there ..now you've been educated.
                    Still.. go away

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      haha a lot of the teams around dfw are getting away from utrip, other orgs are running better events with better facilities. utrip will always have its place with the big tournaments though i suppose.
                      We have 10 tourneys scheduled right now. Of those, only 1 is USSSA and it's the TX-OK Shootout in Ardmore OK.

If it were my choice, I'd take Travel Sports and Triple Crown any day over USSSA.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                        We have 10 tourneys scheduled right now. Of those, only 1 is USSSA and it's the TX-OK Shootout in Ardmore OK.

If it were my choice, I'd take Travel Sports and Triple Crown any day over USSSA.
                        I agree... I dont like Larson at all.
                        but Gulf shores is utrip..so we're utrip this year.

Comment

Keep in mind you have no idea *** you talk about no matter what you talk about.
                          you havent ever been right about anything and your opinion means nothing.

go away.

ps..its 8 year olds and its a pretty common ****in practice in tournament ball for some teams.
                          there ..now you've been educated.
                          Still.. go away
                          lmao

agree, travel sports and oak grove are top notch. our coach mentioned swapping one of ours for the ardmore one, not sure if they deceided to yet.

i just looked, we have 10 as well, this weekend would be 11 if it makes, and 2 are utrip, both NIT's

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            our coach mentioned swapping one of ours for the ardmore one, not sure if they deceided to yet.
                            What age group? 12U has 66 teams and a waiting list!

Comment

all that above is for my older son, my younger sons coach chases the competition and will sign us up for any organization if a team he wants to play is there

thats why we are going to houston and beaumont, trying to get back at the only 2 teams to beat them, both from down south.

Comment

What age group? 12U has 66 teams and a waiting list!
                                10u, i heard it was at 38 or something last time someone looked...crazy

ive heard stories of teams having to be up there to play late friday night then get 8am-9am games on saturday...

Comment

Working...
                                X