What is going on here?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Yes. Laws can not nor should not be for just the poor or the rich. Needs to be equal.
    You're wrong - if you can afford to pay your debts, you need to pay them according to the agreed price.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerBySchultz View Post
      I don't drink but I'll invite you to a beer and we can talk about it I'm agreeing with many of his politics and decisions all I am saying is let's not drink the Kool aid,let's think for ourselves and draw our own conclusions. We agree on many things and we can agree to disagree on others,that's what makes this country so beautiful and the day we have someone dictate orders for everyone,trust me,even if you agree with those orders that is NOT the day you want to get to witness or your children. Cheers gentlemen, some took it as I was bashing him but I am not. It is a little scary that some can't handle a different opinion but that's a whole new can of worms I won't open

I can handle a different opinion but I don’t do well with inaccuracies. I have issues with trump but at the same time I can recognize other people’s successes. I just took issue with the idea that somehow trump didn’t make his way or earn his way. We all work hard to give our kids a better life and/or leave them with something that may make them better or better off. Trump was fortunate that his father made good decisions and worked hard and was then able to help his son get a leg up and trump capitalized on that and for that I can acknowledge his success. Just think of how many rich kids waste fortunes that are passed on to them or they just choose to live off the money and not do anything productive.

Sorry this is a sore point with me because there are other things that you can criticize trump for but I don’t think this is a fair example, it’s a liberal talking point where they reach to find something to diminish Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        You're wrong - if you can afford to pay your debts, you need to pay them according to the agreed price.
        We are in the same type of business in a way. I also finance products. We both know that some of the people we finance are not going to live up to their end of the deal, I can also tell you that we both have calculated losses projected for each year. I try to keep mine down to 3%, but its a gamble. When the oil field collapsed a few years ago, I lost about 200k due to bankruptcies and bad deals.

I do not like bankruptcies anymore than you, they suck. Doing business with oilfield companies that pay on 60-90 day terms suck, and they will not get any discount from me, if anything I will come in at a higher bid. I am no longer blindsided(hopefully) by any business financial loss, I have learned to be prepared for it.

As far as Trump and his business ethics go, we had no choice in the past election other than him. I do not know or care if you voted D or R, but would have to think that the business side of your mind knew Clinton was a danger to your company.

Comment

No, you're wrong. If the business can afford to pay it should pay.

One's personal life is completely separate from one's business. But you just don't understand that I guess.

Comment

I work in the entry level home industry.

Nearly everyone that we sell a home too, gets a loan. Many times they need to get their credit scrubbed to even qualify. Before the company loans somebody money, we under write the borrower to ensure they can pay back the money they borrowed, plus interest.

Your right. But if you can afford to loan somebody money (especially a sub par borrower), it should be the lenders responsibility to ensure they can be paid back, with the high interest rate they are charging.

Comment

It sounds logical for a "billionaire" to be able to file bankruptcy?

Wow. Liberal logic at its finest....tell me, do you feel the same when a pile of liberal democratic obama contributors take a few 100 million from taxpayers and turn around and declare bankruptcy costing US 900 million in taxpayer dollars? I must have missed your outrage over that one...
              You blame trump for bankruptcies of some of the 30 companies he’s had investments in over decades. That’s how logical your argument is? He was the “billionaire”, so it’s all on him, not the contractors, managers, CEOs, CFOs, or a hundred other people making the decisions day to day, just trump....you hate him for that. Oh, and the hair...

Comment

Trump Plan to Ramp Up Fracking, Mining in National Forests Threatens Climate

The Trump administration's plan to make it easier for industry to frack and mine in national forests would endanger the climate, wildlife and watersheds, the Center for Biological Diversity and other conservation groups said in comments submitted Monday to the U.S. Forest Service.

"The Forest Service shouldn't be complicit in the Trump administration's assault on America's public lands at the behest of fossil-fuel and mining companies," said Taylor McKinnon, a public-lands campaigner at the Center for Biological Diversity. "More fracking and mining, with fewer safeguards, would be disastrous for national forests and watersheds. Instead of weakening protections, Trump should clean up the mess the mining industry has already left behind in our forests."

Analysis by Kara Clauser, Center for Biological Diversity, based on U.S. Interior Department data.

A Center for Biological Diversity analysis of federal oil and gas volume estimates shows that, outside of wilderness areas and national monuments, national forests contain 1.8 billion barrels of oil and 24 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. That would produce 2.4 billion tons of greenhouse gas pollution if fully developed—the equivalent of annual emissions from 601 coal-fired power plants.

The proposed Forest Service oil and gas rulemaking would align its procedures with controversial new Bureau of Land Management policies that have been temporarily halted by a federal court because they prevent public input. The Center for Biological Diversity and other organizations are calling on the agency to improve transparency and public involvement in decisions about drilling, fracking and mining in national forests. The groups also want the Service to fully account for the toll fossil-fuel extraction and mining would take on public health, public lands, wildlife and the climate.

"Pushing new fossil-fuel development in our national forests ignores the alarm bells that world climate scientists rang loudly last week," said McKinnon. "National forests and public lands are where we should stop fossil-fuel expansion first."

On mining, the Trump administration has sought to use policies like "critical minerals" to justify weakening protections, which would worsen mining pollution.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that 40 percent of western watershed headwaters, most of which are in national forests, are already polluted with mining waste. The mining industry leads the nation in toxic releases from mines, which create permanent scars on the landscape.

You can stop worrying. We will all be fine. This site is a liberal environmental group that makes money scaring people into thinking the laws have somehow changed because trump is a “monster”, regarding drilling on national forest lands. They haven’t. In some areas, it’s always been allowed. On some, it’s not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                  Wow. Liberal logic at its finest....tell me, do you feel the same when a pile of liberal democratic obama contributors take a few 100 million from taxpayers and turn around and declare bankruptcy costing US 900 million in taxpayer dollars? I must have missed your outrage over that one...
                  You blame trump for bankruptcies of some of the 30 companies he’s had investments in over decades. That’s how logical your argument is? He was the “billionaire”, so it’s all on him, not the contractors, managers, CEOs, CFOs, or a hundred other people making the decisions day to day, just trump....you hate him for that. Oh, and the hair...
                  Dont forget the treatment of people. I blame the person who takes the credit for being a "billionaire"

Anyone who has money, and files bankruptcy is worthless in my opinion. ALL OF THEM. Democrat or Republican. If you have money, and file bankruptcy to pay a lesser amount than what you initially agreed to, you are worthless.

Comment

Dont forget the treatment of people. I blame the person who takes the credit for being a "billionaire"

Anyone who has money, and files bankruptcy is worthless in my opinion. ALL OF THEM. Democrat or Republican. If you have money, and file bankruptcy to pay a lesser amount than what you initially agreed to, you are worthless.
                    We get it ok. You are very short sided imo and I think you are lacking the ability to see the big picture.

I am glad that Trump had the money to run for president and even more so that he won. When you look at what the alternative was it was easy to vote for him. He has exceeded my expectations and has been very effective in making the necessary changes that this country desperately needed.

If you put Trump filing for bankruptcy at the same level of destruction to people's lives that Obama did and the Clintons have done then you really only see what you want. By the way there is no healthy HATE as you put, sorry there just isn't.

When you take risk and don't make it there are legal means to wipe the slate and start over and if it wasn't for that there would be very few successful business people. No one likes having to file for bankruptcy. You ride on top of a mighty high horse the way you judge and look down upon Trump and if you fall its a long fall from that high horse that you so proudly ride.

I do know that people like George Soros that has billions has destroyed many people's lives over the years. I would say that Trump has done good things with his money overall and by being in a financial position to run for president and winning is the biggest. He will have a positive impact that will affect millions of people and the long term prosperity it will bring for them as well as our country makes you look childish and petty for focusing on him filing bankruptcy.

By the way are you aware of what particular bankruptcy filings Trump has actually used?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you wrote your congressman or senator demanding they abolish the bankruptcy Laws in the country?

Comment

How Subprime Car Loans Are Ruining Lives And Repeating The Mistakes Of The Housing Cr

Dont forget the treatment of people..............

Anyone who has money, and files bankruptcy is worthless in my opinion. ALL OF THEM.
                        Woodrum had the truck for less than two years. By late 2016, the nearly $600 monthly payments to Santander Consumer USA, the holder of his loan, proved too difficult to maintain. Woodrum said he kept in touch with Santander, working out arrangements to catch up, but in mid-December, the financial institution repossessed his vehicle.

“It was the payments,” he said. “I was paying so much on insurance, because it was a financed car. All in all, if you add in that, and the insurance, I was paying $750 a month.”

It may seem easy to write Woodrum off as ignorant of finance, or budgeting, or the car buying process. In reality, he’s one of thousands of people in recent years who have been ensnared in high-interest “subprime” car loans aimed at buyers with bad credit, often with no attempts to verify their income—loans that have led to multiple repossessions of the same vehicle and an endless cycle of repossession fees to get their cars back.

And Woodrum’s lender in particular, Santander Consumer USA, has been singled out by regulators and authorities as one of the most problematic companies for subprime car loans. But few protections exist for car buyers, especially those in bad economic situations to begin with and who need a vehicle no matter what so they can stay employed.

Cars and jobs lost. Credit scores, once just low, have been permanently ruined. State attorneys general have launched lawsuits and investigations.

It is the ugly underside to the cheery narrative about the auto industry’s sales resurgence after the recession, achieved on the backs of some of the more desperate people in the country. It’s a system that primarily targets poor people, set up to make them fail over and over again, while financial institutions make a lot of money.

Now, like the housing market a decade ago, the question is this: when does it all explode?

Things felt like they were finally turning around for Aaron Woodrum in March 2015 after several months of unemployment. The 38-year-old had fallen behind on bills, causing his credit score to slip. But, thankfully, he’d secured a new job, bolstering his prospects. He just needed a car.

You bring up the people side of the bankruptcy issue.

But do you really not see the people side of subprime. Especially when you sell them a depreciating asset like a automobile?

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                          We get it ok. You are very short sided imo and I think you are lacking the ability to see the big picture.

I am glad that Trump had the money to run for president and even more so that he won. When you look at what the alternative was it was easy to vote for him. He has exceeded my expectations and has been very effective in making the necessary changes that this country desperately needed.

If you put Trump filing for bankruptcy at the same level of destruction to people's lives that Obama did and the Clintons have done then you really only see what you want. By the way there is no healthy HATE as you put, sorry there just isn't.

When you take risk and don't make it there are legal means to wipe the slate and start over and if it wasn't for that there would be very few successful business people. No one likes having to file for bankruptcy. You ride on top of a mighty high horse the way you judge and look down upon Trump and if you fall its a long fall from that high horse that you so proudly ride.

I do know that people like George Soros that has billions has destroyed many people's lives over the years. I would say that Trump has done good things with his money overall and by being in a financial position to run for president and winning is the biggest. He will have a positive impact that will affect millions of people and the long term prosperity it will bring for them as well as our country makes you look childish and petty for focusing on him filing bankruptcy.

By the way are you aware of what particular bankruptcy filings Trump has actually used?
                          I do know - and I respect your ability to be wrong about my ability to have a healthy hate. Also respect your ability to validate an absolute wrong to fit your narrative.

We all have different points of view - good for you on yours. I see things differently.

I dont take a high horse, I just call it how it is. Lying, cheating, insulting and a general mistreatment of people. If I was doing the same, I would hopefully be told that I was doing those things, and change.

It is not a difficult assertion. Do not hide behind bankruptcy when faced with failure. Of course he is not solely responsible, but he is absolutely a part of the issue. I also know a lot of successful people that have not filed bankruptcy. I'm not focused on one thing, there are more than one reason. Including the hair.

Comment

Boy wonder seems like we all are small business owner and, yours should be to mind your own business cheers my friend
                            So sorry, I misunderstood the concept. You posted something on a public forum, but don't want anyone commenting. You should have gone on CNN last night with Roberto!

Comment

I do know - and I respect your ability to be wrong about my ability to have a healthy hate. Also respect your ability to validate an absolute wrong to fit your narrative.

We all have different points of view - good for you on yours. I see things differently.

I dont take a high horse, I just call it how it is. Lying, cheating, insulting and a general mistreatment of people. If I was doing the same, I would hopefully be told that I was doing those things, and change.

It is not a difficult assertion. Do not hide behind bankruptcy when faced with failure. Of course he is not solely responsible, but he is absolutely a part of the issue. I also know a lot of successful people that have not filed bankruptcy. I'm not focused on one thing, there are more than one reason. Including the hair.

I’m sure all those people you “help” with those abominations you call “loans” think well of you, too.

Comment

We own a used car lot - we self-financed some notes.
                                Sooooo.....you're that honest used car salesman.

Comment

Working...
                                X