Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning camera bit the dust

After several years (4?) one of my Browning cams is dead

No fault of the camera other than they have a crappy external battery port cover made of silicone rubber that fell off and allowed some ants to get in

They had set up house, shook all kinds of trash and ant eggs out of it

I bet the camera would still be going strong if those stinkin ants hadn't got inside it

Still think Browning is the best cam for the money

Best camera on the market. Sad it happened but still the best for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My love for the browning cam is fading. I own 6 strike force cams, 2 quit taking pics after about a year, one has been out for 2 months and has card reading issues and eats batteries. I'm not certain I will buy any more.

Comment

Best on the market hands down! We run 4 each year, and one is going on it’s sixth season!

Comment

I dislike the fact there is no delay setting between 1 and 5 minutes. That’s my biggest complaint with them.

Comment

I had ants ruin one of my Moultries. Where I had it set on a hog trap there was no avoiding the ants, but I found a solution. Mounted it to a metal stake and smeared it liberally with vaseline below the camera. Never had a problem with ants after that.

Comment

Call Browning, they helped me out, no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                My love for the browning cam is fading. I own 6 strike force cams, 2 quit taking pics after about a year, one has been out for 2 months and has card reading issues and eats batteries. I'm not certain I will buy any more.
                Wildgame innovations has plenty of deal alerts on here !

Comment

Tascos lasted me this long and I got them on clearance for 13$ each. I think I will always buy these now! I can't afford brownings

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
                    I dislike the fact there is no delay setting between 1 and 5 minutes. That’s my biggest complaint with them.

All of ours are set to a 30 second delay.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Wildgame innovations has plenty of deal alerts on here !
                      I'd sooner give my money to the Beto campaign than I would the WGI clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        I'd sooner give my money to the Beto campaign than I would the WGI clowns.
                        I totally agree
                        WGI products Suck !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Call Browning, they helped me out, no questions asked.
                          If I had a receipt or even a clue when I bought it I might

Unless they have a lifetime warranty I wouldn't expect them to repair it and since they are probably made overseas I doubt there is anyone who can work on it

I may just decide to pop the case open and see what I can do with it

Probably never get it all back together

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Unless they have a lifetime warranty I wouldn't expect them to repair it and since they are probably made overseas I doubt there is anyone who can work on it

I didn't have the receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

You don't have to have a receipt. Just contact them, and send it in for service. They'll most likely tell you they don't have the parts to fix it because of its age, and then offer you their 'out of warranty' discounts on a new camera. Those prices are better than any sale prices you'll find on them. I just went through this this summer (coincidentally with a 4yo camera that had also gotten crazy ants in it).

Comment

Working...
                              X