Protein Pellet Ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
    Just photo game camera pics to see of there is a noticeable difference in antlers, body mass, or fawn numbers, size. Nothing scientific really. More of anything that will make me feel justified in my efforts and keep me moving forward in the same direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    you won't notice a difference this year or next....its a long term project.

DD and LE are my 2 favorites if money is no issue

Comment

You have to understand the difference in hunting and feding the Trans-Pecos desert. There is VERY LITTLE food out there and very low deer densities. The first year we began feeding we went from seeing 5 deer a day to 20-30 deer a day and could already see difference in health and antlers. I understand the long term goals and effects, but this is like building a grocery store in the middle in a remote desert village..... Makes a lot larger impact that starting a feeding program were there is already ample natural food sources.
      We shall see what the game camera and hunts show over the next 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Yes I do believe he believes in the feed, but also when he owns the trademark for the feed he has a financial gain from it.

If he had no financial gain, he wouldn't be so invested in it and spending so much time promoting it, saving and sending in pics and so on. I just want the facts to be facts. By him promoting it and being their top "satisfied customer" he has a gain in it along with good deals on a good feed

Without the Holden Ranch and Mr. H, we wouldn't be having this discussion as the teaming up with him and showing pics made it what it is.

This is not a bash, just informing everyone that he does get something out of it so it is unbiased to sorts

Think about it....would you be all over the internet repping a product, posting before/after photos, and spending all day promoting it if you had a full time job and got no deal on feed or money from it?
        DF&G where are you? A response to the mans post seems appropriate. Seems like a legitimate question.

Comment

Sorry we are freaking slammed here at the feed mill in Dilley.

We have never denied that Brett's team has assisted us in marketing this feed. I'll tell you that any benefits that Brett realizes are not open for discussion. This thread is about the best supplemental proteins on the market.

I've been totally up front with all involved and more than willing to share information. The knowledge received and traded back and forth here is exactly what I've hoped it would be.

Bottom line if Brett didn't think it was the best supplemental feed on the market he wouldn't touch it.

Listen, we have done our research on all the feeds offered. We developed this feed four years ago and it flat out works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Feed thread

[QUOTE=DF&G;11311508]Sorry we are freaking slammed here at the feed mill in Dilley.

We have never denied that Brett's team has assisted us in marketing this feed. I'll tell you that any benefits that Brett realizes are not open for discussion. This thread is about the best supplemental proteins on the market.

I've been totally up front with all involved and more than willing to share information. The knowledge received and traded back and forth here is exactly what I've hoped it would be.

Bottom line if Brett didn't think it was the best supplemental feed on the market he wouldn't touch it.

Listen, we have done our research on all the feeds offered. We developed this feed four years ago and it flat

Never mind you are not worth a reponse
            Last edited by TKK; 05-06-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Well funny you change your tune when you were so hasty with your comments a while ago:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1462589631.208876.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24443812

If you want to turn this into some sort of personal vendetta that's fine. I'm on here to talk deer feed and its evolution. Simple enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back to topic: Any other feeds that ween need to track down TDN's on to add to the list???

Comment

This thread makes me wonder what the TDN is of elgato feed is. Or how does it compare to the others, sense his is a custom blend.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post

Wow [emoji15]

Comment

[quote=TKK;11311671]
                      Originally posted by DF&G View Post
                      Sorry we are freaking slammed here at the feed mill in Dilley.

Listen, we have done our research on all the feeds offered. We developed this feed four years ago and it flat

My apologies I intended to say it is not worth a response. I have no beef with you personally or the feed that you sell. My issue simply is the way It is promoted.

Comment

This thread is very interesting. So is TDN the end all be all when looking at protein feed? We feed Record Rack 20% and have been pretty happy with it, but we are always looking for a better quality feed that's somewhat close to our property. Is there a DD dealer close to Brady, TX?

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                          This thread is very interesting. So is TDN the end all be all when looking at protein feed? We feed Record Rack 20% and have been pretty happy with it, but we are always looking for a better quality feed that's somewhat close to our property. Is there a DD dealer close to Brady, TX?

The closest dealer we have to Brady is Fredricksburg, which isn't too close. If you have any suggestions or contacts in or around the Brady area please PM me and I'll be happy to see what I can do. I'd really like to get a central Texas dealer on board.

Comment

I was able to confirm with Double Down, Bee County Co-op, and Lyssey and Eckel (the top 3 on the list) that neither of them adjust their recipes at all....working on finding out from the other feed companies.

Comment

Here is the list thus far:

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX
                              Double Down = 82.6%
                              Bee County Co-Op Deer Pellets 17 = 77.8%
                              L&E = 76.7%
                              Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
                              Record Rack 20 = 71%
                              AntlerMax 20 = 67%
                              Red Chain 20 = 65%
                              Fehner = 64.7%
                              MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
                              MG 20% ST = 60.9%
                              Red Chain 17 = 60%

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                                This thread is very interesting. So is TDN the end all be all when looking at protein feed?
                                This is the big ?

Comment

Working...
                                X