Finally bought a 70-200 2.8 isII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally bought a 70-200 2.8 isII

Pulled the trigger on a used copy of this lens (found one that was absolutely mint condition). I haven't gotten to shoot with it more than once or twice, but man is it awesome on the 7DII.

Compressed these images for the green screen pretty bad, but the originals look amazing.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a used copy of this lens (found one that was absolutely mint condition). I haven't gotten to shoot with it more than once or twice, but man is it awesome on the 7DII.

Compressed these images for the green screen pretty bad, but the originals look amazing.

Awesome! Really really great lens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome pics!

Comment

Very nice. What distance were the deer at?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

They were fairly close. They were in some woods in an undeveloped part of my subdivision, so they weren't too skittish. Probably between 40-60 yards, and they are moderately cropped photos.

Comment

can you tell us (or show us camera dummies) a little more about your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Fish View Post
              can you tell us (or show us camera dummies) a little more about your setup?
              Here's some info on my complete kit (as of today). These pictures were each done with the 70-200mm.

Body: Canon 7D Mark II
              Lenses:
              Canon 70-200L f/2.8 ISII
              Sigma 150-600mm f/5.0-6.3 Sports
              Canon 50mm f/1.8
              Canon 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6

I've got a fairly inexpensive monopod that I use as well as a Zomei travel tripod with a Movo GH700 gimbal head that I haven't tried out (yet). All of the lenses have various filters on them B+W or Tiffen mostly.

Comment

That's a great lens for sports photography. Being fast, I use mine in all kinds of stadiums, day or night.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Emptied my PayPal balance (and then some) and picked up a 70-200L II. First thoughts, holy cow this thing is a tank! Plan on keeping it by my bed to fend off intruders .

Haven't had much time to play with it yet - looking forward to giving it a try!

Comment

Originally posted by FriscoAg View Post
                      Emptied my PayPal balance (and then some) and picked up a 70-200L II. First thoughts, holy cow this thing is a tank! Plan on keeping it by my bed to fend off intruders .

Haven't had much time to play with it yet - looking forward to giving it a try!
                      Very nice! You're going to love this lens. It's definitely not fun to lug around, but the image quality is top notch. I upgraded my body to a full frame a while back, and it just got even better.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Nice addition!

Comment

Working...
                          X