No announcement yet.

2nd official 2019 Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rangers don’t run wet n wild, 6 flags, or the cowboys, ya know.

I’d like to see them putting the team together right now also, but that’s just not reality. The playoffs started twonights ago… I wouldn’t expect much until the winter meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      The Rangers don’t run wet n wild, 6 flags, or the cowboys, ya know.

I’d like to see them putting the team together right now also, but that’s just not reality. The playoffs started twonights ago… I wouldn’t expect much until the winter meetings.

I do.

Let me clarify. It just doesn't look like the win column is most important to the organization right now. Why else would you leave a perfectly good (some say one of the nicest) ballpark and build a different venue if your priorities haven't shifted.... away from wins, towards "glitz and glam" as the master of ceremonies across the creek has stated (jerry)? I don't blame them, money is fine and being profitable is great and if your next door neighbor is the wealthiest sports franchise in the world and is showing you that winning isn't required to do that, wouldn't you follow that lead? In my twisted mind it makes perfect sense and admittedly it's all opinion but it looks really obvious to me. It's just not about on the field right now. Its not... let's be honest. Build a new stadium, that's fine, just don't pretend it's about winning when the truth is you want a 365 entertainment venue. Don't pretend real v fake grass was a thing when fake grass was always the choice, because it's easier when you have 200 other events a year that aren't baseball. Again, all my crazy arse opinion but its what's what. Just like with the cowboys during the new stadium and training facility years, its probably going to be really lean as far as winning goes for awhile.
      Last edited by camoclad; 10-05-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

And the new venue will probably be kick ***, both can be true

Comment

DM says eff the new park.

Comment

Anyone ever think the new ballpark might help get talent that didn't want to come here and melt.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
              I do.

Let me clarify. It just doesn't look like the win column is most important to the organization right now. Why else would you leave a perfectly good (some say one of the nicest) ballpark and build a different venue if your priorities haven't shifted.... away from wins, towards "glitz and glam" as the master of ceremonies across the creek has stated (jerry)? I don't blame them, money is fine and being profitable is great and if your next door neighbor is the wealthiest sports franchise in the world and is showing you that winning isn't required to do that, wouldn't you follow that lead? In my twisted mind it makes perfect sense and admittedly it's all opinion but it looks really obvious to me. It's just not about on the field right now. Its not... let's be honest. Build a new stadium, that's fine, just don't pretend it's about winning when the truth is you want a 365 entertainment venue. Don't pretend real v fake grass was a thing when fake grass was always the choice, because it's easier when you have 200 other events a year that aren't baseball. Again, all my crazy arse opinion but its what's what. Just like with the cowboys during the new stadium and training facility years, its probably going to be really lean as far as winning goes for awhile.
              I said as soon as they started this talk of the new stadium, that they were just inflating the value of the franchise to sell. Maybe, maybe not.

The new stadium should boost revenue in a lot of different ways, hopefully boosting payroll as well. It definitely will boost attendance...but they'll have to win to keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                DM says eff the new park.
                I still do, baseball should be played outside! But if you think I won't go rest my sack on a 72 degree seat to watch a game in July...you have misjudged the situation!

Comment

I still do, baseball should be played outside! But if you think I won't go rest my sack on a 72 degree seat to watch a game in July...you have misjudged the situation!
                  Ima gonna get you a tshirt dale that reads
                  " if you aint sweating, freezing, or getting rained on ..you aint in a ball park.
                  Go Rangers!"

Comment

" if you aint sweating, freezing, or getting rained on ..you aint in a ball park.
                    Go Rangers!"

I can be freezing at 72 when it’s 105 outside no problem![emoji41]

Comment

Go Rangers!"

That’s greatness!

Comment

I said as soon as they started this talk of the new stadium, that they were just inflating the value of the franchise to sell. Maybe, maybe not.

The new stadium should boost revenue in a lot of different ways, hopefully boosting payroll as well. It definitely will boost attendance...but they'll have to win to keep it up.
                        Maybe..... smart on ownerships part. Have the city take the risk and capitalize $$$$$

Maybe..... new stadium, cowboys, Texas live, xfl, medal of honor museum, six flags... if that doesn't get visitation nothing will. Not convinced that translates into acquisitions.

Oh, and bowling hall of fame. Sports!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          I can be freezing at 72 when it’s 105 outside no problem![emoji41]
                          Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                            Roof actually could not have been built on the current stadium, I've been told. Cost-prohibitive (yes, I realize the new stadium is super expensive).

I agree the HOF stuff was a little weird this season. Mainly, that if Michael Young was going in, he should've gone in before Beltre. It was like they forgot about him and threw him in at the last minute to make sure he got inducted in the old stadium.

Every team misses on players, and a lot miss on coaches. The Rangers really like Woodward, and I think you'd have to agree that Minor and Lynn were anything but "misses". When you operate a business with hundreds to thousands of employees, you're going to have hits and misses--that's how business go.

Can you be a little more specific about the three ring circus?

The Rangers have hundreds of thousands of employees?

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                              The Rangers have hundreds of thousands of employees?

“To” not “of”. Organization-wide, I would guess that the number is in the couple thousand range. But I haven’t actually counted. Even if it’s hundreds the premise does not change.

Comment

I wonder if Arte money whips Joe?

Mmm hmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X