Celebrate the life of John "Tuthdoc" Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I'll never forget that night when I went to bed, and my wife said to me "I've never seen you in such a hurry to work on someone else's truck". To which I replied "You've never met anyone like Tuthdoc!". And she said "I know...."
    I got a pic of that too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	lewis 7-4-7 093.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	23886169
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Group Pix

Ive been troubled the last several weeks about my priority on "Group Pix".

I missed the opportunity to get pix of all of us with Joan in Camp Wood....and with Doc on the LEwis.

I will never get those opportunities again.
      Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
        Group Pix

Ive been troubled the last several weeks about my priority on "Group Pix".

I missed the opportunity to get pix of all of us with Joan in Camp Wood....and with Doc on the LEwis.

I will never get those opportunities again.
        I have one of us with Joan I'll send you....we really missed getting one with Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
          I have one of us with Joan I'll send you....we really missed getting one with Doc

Thanks, Mary! I didnt know that existed.
          Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Hang in there Mailman. I never met Tuthdoc, but I know he must have been a good dude for his son-in-law to have so much good stuff to say about him. Seems like the two of you had a pretty rare FIL-SIL relationship.

Comment

Mary- PM sent

Comment

Bower- Thanks for sharing your great story. Seems you also have a gift of story telling because I sit here replying with Goosebumps. God Bless ya

Comment

From Bownanza VI

Name:	john lee (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	23886172
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

I posted this in another thread......but Im gonna post it here too.

Doc could tell some stories! This pic has Doc, 2 of my close huntin buddies and my son! I will look at it often!

Name:	lewis 7-4-7 037.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	23886174
                    Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Great tribute Mark, I teared up a bit reading that...

Heck Joey thats a canopy of greatness right there, all Good People!! And I've only met 2 of them in person.

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                      I posted this in another thread......but Im gonna post it here too.

Doc could tell some stories! This pic has Doc, 2 of my close huntin buddies and my son! I will look at it often!

[ATTACH]98072[/ATTACH]

Comment

John "Tuthdoc" Lee

It was my pleasure to meet the man ,the legend this year at Bownanza.I will forever remember you sir!R.I.P. and Gods speed to the great spirit world of hunting grounds in heaven.

Comment

I can thank John for turning me onto this site. Probably 10+ years ago we both frequented eders.com forums. At the time it was the only hunting forum I knew about. Through our posts he turned me on over here and I aint looked back.....

Gonna miss your post John, but the company you keep now has us beat hands down.

Comment

Just reading his posts, one could sense he was a wise, experienced, kind and thinking man.
                            Sincere condolences to the family.
                            I will miss his postings also.

Comment

I first met John when we were green country kids trying to make in the big city/big college (UT Dental School). For a few years we were best friends, we hunted, fished and our wives were great friends. He was at my first son's birth, I named my second son after him.
                              Through the years we grew apart, I am in agony now about that, but I want to tell you guys here...there was not a more honest, trustworthy friend in the world.
                              Stories? I can't even begin, it would take hours. Getting stuck in low tide in the mud at San Jacinto and trying to push the boat to get back from playing hooky, going duck hunting with fifty layers of cheap clothes to stay warm and falling in the water, chasing his trusty dog Boudreaux when he wouldn't come back from an impossible retrieve, Taylor Lake...catching a million fish on purple worms, bow hunting...being snuck out of the reserve in the back of my own truck under a mattress because I didn't know about the "new fangled" stamps, buying lures and telling our wives we owed each other for something or another, him ignoring a antelope that was right by the truck with me screaming "shoot this one, it's good" and finally waiting until it was 200 yds out before realizing I was right (then shooting it in the head with his trusty 25-06 and ruining the trophy), John's grandmother cooking busquits and eggs for a group of starving dental students.....it goes on and on.
                              One thing Mark might not even know, when John was in his first semester in dental school his country accent got him the nickname of "Gomer Pyle" by some of our more city compadres. Gomer Pyle indeed, he never said a word when he received a sizable monetary award for being one of the top five students accepted to our school...he never told anybody but me.
                              I sorry if I'm rambling, so many memories, so much regret not spending time with John these last few years. Mark, your brother was one of the few people on this earth I would classify as a true friend, we've lost a great man.

Comment

Welcome to the fire kkyle. Thanks for the color.

Was explaining to my 10 year old that we had a funeral to attend. When I told her it was "one of the really good guys who posted on texasbowhunter.com" she asked "Which one?"

I told her it was a guy they called "Tuthdoc" and she said, "Oh my, I know him, I have his name tag!"

My daughter reads this stuff sparingly at best but somehow, she remembered John after only meeting him in person one time at Bownanza. Her next line was, "Oh my goodness Daddy, we just saw him."

Name:	Tuthdoc tag.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	23886241
                                Last edited by Legdog; 05-26-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X