Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook

I know most here are not on Facebook. I am, and went and downloaded the data that FB has on me, saved. And it is scary. Every contact in my phone, office number, mobile, email, company they work for (even people not on FB), who I am friends with and when, every picture I took, where it was taken, camera used, every group I am in, every message I ever received, every time I logged in, the articles I read, etc.

I cant say that I am all that surprised. Just didnt think it was to this level, and that they were saving everything. Now it comes out that Facebook was doing "favors" for Obama. Scary stuff.
    Attached Files

How do you access this information?

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post

I was interested as well

Comment

Sub

Comment

I saw a meme on this topic I thought was pretty good - something like -
            "I am reconsidering my decision to let Facebook track all details of my life in return for getting to see pictures of what my high school friends are having for lunch"

Comment

I was thinking more along these lines....
              Attached Files

Comment

Facebook ain't the only one capturing your data.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  I know most here are not on Facebook. I am, and went and downloaded the data that FB has on me, saved. And it is scary. Every contact in my phone, office number, mobile, email, company they work for (even people not on FB), who I am friends with and when, every picture I took, where it was taken, camera used, every group I am in, every message I ever received, every time I logged in, the articles I read, etc.

I cant say that I am all that surprised. Just didnt think it was to this level, and that they were saving everything. Now it comes out that Facebook was doing "favors" for Obama. Scary stuff.
                  Your poke file is very large. Stop poking people so much its effing rude

Comment

The minions at FB are busy deleting evidence files right now.

Comment

I've said it from day 1 that it's all one HUGE government driven social experiment to find out everything there is to know about you, and the way you think. They then take that information to build a profile on you..
                      This is information they will use against you if you give them a reason to, and even if you don't..
                      Most of this info is info that before FB they had no possible way of getting..

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                        The minions at FB are busy deleting evidence files right now.
                        Why would they do that??

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          I've said it from day 1 that it's all one HUGE government driven social experiment to find out everything there is to know about you, and the way you think. They then take that information to build a profile on you..
                          This is information they will use against you if you give them a reason to, and even if you don't..
                          Most of this info is info that before FB they had no possible way of getting..
                          All social boards collect and/or save data in some form or fashion, including TBH. The data is probably not as deep & wide but it is used for marketing and understanding your board members. (age, sex, race, industry, etc.) Someone reading thru political threads (or some of the other heated threads) could draw a lot of conclusions based on this site alone.........it ain't billions of folks but it is a subset that can be cross referenced with other databases that are for sale. I agree about FB, i put very little on FB as it is rather invasive in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Why would they do that??
                            It's in their DNA.

Comment

i never understood why ppl used facebook..
                              no desire here and glad i never did seeing this all come to light

Comment

Working...
                              X