Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why we can’t have nice things at our lease!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next thing you know you'll want wolves re-introduced.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
      And then there are others who shake their head at the thought of a bunch of “sportsman” who boil down the thought of the reintroduction of a native mammal to their own selfish concerns revolving usually around deer feeders. Yeah, it might cause you some pain and the need to reconfigure, but stop and think how cool it would be to see a bear in your deer woods? And before someone suggests personal safety concerns, I will suggest researching that concern and you will find you have far greater odds of being killed by a drunk driver on the way to your lease versus being attacked by a 200 lb Louisiana Honey Bear. And then there is that future possibility of getting to hunt them, right here in Texas....
      Yup

Comment

And then there are others who shake their head at the thought of a bunch of “sportsman” who boil down the thought of the reintroduction of a native mammal to their own selfish concerns revolving usually around deer feeders. Yeah, it might cause you some pain and the need to reconfigure, but stop and think how cool it would be to see a bear in your deer woods? And before someone suggests personal safety concerns, I will suggest researching that concern and you will find you have far greater odds of being killed by a drunk driver on the way to your lease versus being attacked by a 200 lb Louisiana Honey Bear. And then there is that future possibility of getting to hunt them, right here in Texas....
        I thought about it and I don't think it would be that cool. If I want to see bears I will go where bears are.....

Comment

Bears will redefine feeders in TX.
          Attached Files

Comment

Those videos are great.
            Sorry for your bear troubles though, that looks like a problem.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                I thought about it and I don't think it would be that cool. If I want to see bears I will go where bears are.....

Same....I have absolutely no desire to kill a bear. Does nothing for me. So I'd rather my woods be bear and destruction free.

Comment

This is why we can’t have nice things at our lease!

Originally posted by B G View Post
                  Pushmataha County OK.

Wow I was just up there this weekend at a friend of mines place trying to kill some hogs at night with permits. He has at least one bear show up and mess with his stuff off and on now for 3 years. It has even come up close to his cabin but hasn’t torn anything up yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Buckrider; 07-10-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

there is a bear season in oklahoma

Comment

I do believe that was a boy bear. Very good videos.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        Nah you're wrong. We won the spot of top predator. We shouldn't have to give it up to the bleeding hearts who want this to be California or Canada.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                        Wonder if people felt the same way on the reintroduction of turkey, deer, elk, etc..?? Those were pretty much wiped out by the top predators. Now there are huntable populations in many areas that there didn't used to be.

I would personally like to see the landscape with as many of the same animals that originally roamed the area. Obviously there are certain limitations due to increased human populations in certain areas. But I don't see a problem with a healthy balance of predators/prey. Would also have to have the ability to control predator numbers to keep that balance.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          yes!

I have friends with the same bear issues on the border

Comment

One of the guys on the same lease I am on went to check his feeder last year and the bottom was tore up and the feeder emptied of 350 pounds a corn he put in it 2 weeks earlier. Pulled the card on his camera and it was a bear. We are way out West Texas near Dryden. Needless to say I stay armed at all times at the ranch. Two years ago he killed a Mt Lion at his feeder.

Comment

Bears are cool, but they'd get old real quickly if you had them on your lease.

No thanks. Hogs and coons are bad enough.

Comment

Sounds like an electric fence zapper is in order. If you do make sure you continue to film. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X