Looks like colt caved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    Everything I read was from today, Including the statement on colts website. Sorry I didn’t track that email down.

It sounds like people like you refuse to believe a company engaged in government contracts, (a company who lost all its contracts in 2013) could possibly bend to political pressure and spin it as an unprofitable business.

It’s ironic that the company who has been making this rifle longer than anyone can’t make a better value for consumers. Maybe they deserve to go bankrupt.

It took me all of three minutes to track that down with the world’s most popular search engine. It’s not hard if you’re interested in the real story. If you just want hype for people to click on it’s probably impossible, but I wouldn’t know. I don’t refuse to believe anything— I just don’t buy everything I see on the internet.
    Maybe look up what irony means.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
      I call BS on their reasoning and public statement.

They are located in Connecticut and have been experiencing increasing pressure from the left. They are trying to pander to the left without pissing off everyone else.

I’ll help them catch up on their manufacturing by never buying another Colt product!

Perfect! Leaves more for the rest of us.

Maybe some of you should stop believing everything that’s spoon fed by the media and look into things yourself.

There’s already 2 or 3 other threads on here alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Everything I read was from today, Including the statement on colts website. Sorry I didn’t track that email down.

It sounds like people like you refuse to believe a company engaged in government contracts, (a company who lost all its contracts in 2013) could possibly bend to political pressure and spin it as an unprofitable business.

It’s ironic that the company who has been making this rifle longer than anyone can’t make a better value for consumers. Maybe they deserve to go bankrupt.

They refuse to sacrifice quality to satisfy the cheap *** buyers out there.

Good for them.

Comment

Looks like colt caved

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
          It took me all of three minutes to track that down with the world’s most popular search engine. It’s not hard if you’re interested in the real story. If you just want hype for people to click on it’s probably impossible, but I wouldn’t know. I don’t refuse to believe anything— I just don’t buy everything I see on the internet.
          Maybe look up what irony means.

timing apparently means absolutely nothing in your world. I guess some people will believe anything written by a marketing department that doesn’t want to lose business.
          Last edited by kyle1974; 09-20-2019, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Looks like colt caved

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            They refuse to sacrifice quality to satisfy the cheap *** buyers out there.

Good for them.

The last two I bought were over $2,000. Quality isn’t the problem. There are plenty of high dollar ARs out there. Dozens of manufacturers, but the Original AR15 manufacturer says it’s no longer viable? I don’t see it. It’s not like tooling up for AR15 vs M4 is dramatically different.

Colt has struggled financially before this happened and they won and lost government contracts in the past. When you have retired generals talking about fully semi automatic rifles designed for the battlefield not belonging in the hands of citizens, it’s not a stretch to think some agreement was made for colt to continue to get government contracts.

There are plenty of people in government and the military that don’t think like you and I regarding guns.
            Last edited by kyle1974; 09-20-2019, 05:28 AM.

Comment

This isn't the first time Colt has done something similar. It has nothing to do with politics.

Comment

The last two I bought were over $2,000. Quality isn’t the problem. There are plenty of high dollar ARs out there. Dozens of manufacturers, but the Original AR15 manufacturer says it’s no longer viable? I don’t see it. It’s not like tooling up for AR15 vs M4 is dramatically different.

Colt has struggled financially before this happened and they won and lost government contracts in the past. When you have retired generals talking about fully semi automatic rifles designed for the battlefield not belonging in the hands of citizens, it’s not a stretch to think some agreement was made for colt to continue to get government contracts.

There are plenty of people in government and the military that don’t think like you and I regarding guns.

So we should expect Sig and FN to announce any day now that they are no longer selling to civilians?

Comment

Colt announced they will no longer sell AR15s to civilians. But it has “absolutely nothing” to do with recent media attacks on the AR15.

Pretty bad when firearms manufacturers turn into liberal POS’s.

Just wondering if they’ll get the same treatment as dicks sporting goods or?
                  how how would they get teh same treatment????? what else do they sale

Comment

Originally posted by TKP1991 View Post
                    Makes my 1911 brand choice easier.
                    Tyler
                    What are you going with?

Comment

Originally posted by clay c View Post
                      this isn't the first time colt has done something similar. It has nothing to do with politics.
                      but i need something to be mad about!!!

Comment

Colt is like every other AR-15 manufacturer, sucking wind. Prices are so low that they can't make money. As easy as it is to criticize Colt for other stuff, this isn't legitimate.

Comment

The article I read said they needed the production space to fill government contracts they have and will be making them for the public again soon...

It was a non news story from the stuff I read, just journalists twisting something into a shock value

Comment

Where did they say it was temporary?

Comment

It's not political. It's been years since anyone I know around here has bought a new Colt rifle. They can't compete with the market. Colt would have ceased to exist a long time ago if it weren't for military contracts, and have filed at least once for reorganization, i believe. Some of the reasons for their poor performance in the civilian market are, union labor, high tax area, spoiled by government contracts. Hate to see their business shrinking, but it is what it is.

Comment

Where did they say it was temporary?

https://www.colt.com/news/2630
                                "Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles."

"we believe it is good sense to follow consumer demand and to adjust as market dynamics change"

Comment

Working...
                                X