Texas Trophy Hunters Association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
    i stopped subscribing years ago, it became a magazine full of deer breeder ads and high dollar/high fence "hunts". Not my cup of tea.
    you nailed it!!

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
      A lot of bashing here. Some still have not gotten over the cartoon that they posted many years ago.

They have changed some in recent years and have reduced the number of deer breeder ads. There are still a few but it is not every other page like it was at one time.

Just about every issue lately will contain a story from one of our members on here. One issue had five or six stories from our members in the same issue.

Is this your magazine?

The word bashing should be changed to criticizing!

The OP asked about the magazine and peoples thoughts. They gave them, and you accused them of bashing. Lol.

How come not one person so far has supported the mag? When the magazine made more money from ads vs subscriptions nobody from TTHA cared.

Just observing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll have to agree with everyone above. They used to be a good organization 12+ years ago but I have long since let my membership laps. I agree that they have had a negative impact on deer hunting in Texas, and not just to us hunters and our wallets, but also for our sport in the eyes of the general public.

Comment

Echoing the same sentiments as most here. Let my subscription go about 5 years ago and dont miss it one bit. A buddy of mine still enjoys it... as he likes to "shop" for a good buck to take every year.

Comment

All the above

Comment

Well it's not called Texas Meat Hunters Association.

It's primarily geared towards the high end side of hunting nowadays. Been trending that way for 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                It's just a published rag of an organization that has done more to harm deer hunting in Texas than any other single thing, ever! They are the reason everyone jumps on a guy for posting up a nice young buck he killed that should have "given him 3 more years", or "what a shame to shoot that deer"... Wanna know why deer leases are $12-$20/acre and up... TTHA...
                They flat ruined deer hunting for the average guy in Texas... No different that BASS has almost made it a crime to catch a bass and fillet it... CCA's gettin' that way with trout n reds....

All these organizations had a good start and purpose, but just like trade unions, they've outlived their usefulness and gone completely overboard...
                OK, Off my soapbox now... Y'all carry on...

Lot of truth to this. I still go to TTHA shows and buy a few small things from TBH vendors and visit.

Comment

Texas trophy hunters is about the same as Buckmasters for me .

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Man I looked forward to getting every magazine back in the day as a kid. Haven't looked at one in 10-12 years I bet because of what it slowly transitioned to. Not even sure if pops is still a member.

Exact sentiment.....used to have decent hunt deals in the low rent classifieds on the back page. Haven't opened on in probably 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                      I stopped subscribing years ago, it became a magazine full of deer breeder ads and high dollar/high fence "hunts". Not my cup of tea.
                      This. The genetically altered Frankenstein deer was more than I could bare.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                        Texas trophy hunters is about the same as Buckmasters for me .

Now that's the ultimate slam!!

CLOSE THREAD!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          It's just a published rag of an organization that has done more to harm deer hunting in Texas than any other single thing, ever! They are the reason everyone jumps on a guy for posting up a nice young buck he killed that should have "given him 3 more years", or "what a shame to shoot that deer"... Wanna know why deer leases are $12-$20/acre and up... TTHA...
                          They flat ruined deer hunting for the average guy in Texas... No different that BASS has almost made it a crime to catch a bass and fillet it... CCA's gettin' that way with trout n reds....

All these organizations had a good start and purpose, but just like trade unions, they've outlived their usefulness and gone completely overboard...
                          OK, Off my soapbox now... Y'all carry on...
                          As well as this^^^^^^

Comment

I have been a member for the last two years but probably will not join again. I dont get a lot of value from it.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                              A lot of bashing here. Some still have not gotten over the cartoon that they posted many years ago.
                              Someone got a clip of said cartoon?

Comment

i used to love TTHA growing up. i haven't looked at anything from them in over a decade. it's all junk now.

Comment

Working...
                                X