X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost to our breaking point here.
    Tired of hearing a generator all day.
    Tired of the heat.
    But then I read what everyone else is going thru and I quit my pity party.
    Still keeping everyone that has been displaced, flooded and blown down in our prayers.
    Kody and I have so much to be thankful for, we are so lucky that we didn't get worse damage.

Comment

Thought I made it through this with no problem.....fridge/freezer is toast and I lost everything in there. No idea when trash service will resume. Any clever ideas on what I can do with the spoiled meat/fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We're headed to Katy area

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
          Thought I made it through this with no problem.....fridge/freezer is toast and I lost everything in there. No idea when trash service will resume. Any clever ideas on what I can do with the spoiled meat/fish?

Burn it

Comment

I live in subdivision of Kingwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
              Thank you sir, I'll do some additional checking.

Rwc
              Richard,
              I don't know the backroads well but according to drive Texas ,
              We are looking at 45 south to 190 into Livingston, 146 south into Liberty, east on 90 into bmt then 69 south and 73 into town.

Comment

You might want to video it before disposing and put an estimated value on it. Insurance or FEMA may pay for it. I lost a big freezer full once and it came to about 4200 bucks.

Im not sure on the disposal but they might pay that too. Im glad you are ok. Folks close to you fair poorly!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                  Richard,
                  We are looking at 45 south to 190 into Livingston, 146 south into Liberty, east on 90 into bmt then 69 south and 73 into town.
                  Im not sure where the problem was but Sam could not get there that way at 8am.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    You might want to video it before disposing and put an estimated value on it. Insurance or FEMA may pay for it. I lost a big freezer full once and it came to about 4200 bucks.

Im not sure on the disposal but they might pay that too. Im glad you are ok. Folks close to you fair poorly!

I am very lucky...and grateful! 2 streets behind me... was not lucky at all.

Deer season is coming up...so not that upset with meat loss (except my fish [emoji31]).

I just have no idea how to dispose in the city with no trash service working.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Richard,
                      I'm not too sure I'd trust that site. It's still showing a bunch of roads closed around my area (big roads like 99 and such) that are wide open and cleaned up. It has not been kept up to date very well... And for instance 99 has been open since yesterday morning. When I checked it a few minutes ago (looking for info on the 1960 route for you guys, it still showed 99 AND 59 to still be closed. They've been open for almost 3 days...

Comment

Deer season is coming up...so not that upset with meat loss (except my fish [emoji31]).

The church down the street has recycling dumpsters and lots of other dumpsters. Just saying......

Comment

See if a neighbor has space in a freezer until trash resumes or when you leave pack it up and put in a trash at gas station or fast food joint.

Comment

Hwy 90 through the river bottom in Liberty is only passable by pickup but not sure how much longer that will last

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                              The church down the street has recycling dumpsters and lots of other dumpsters. Just saying......

Gotcha. I may be forced to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                See if a neighbor has space in a freezer until trash resumes or when you leave pack it up and put in a trash at gas station or fast food joint.
                                The neighbors trash can.

Comment

Working...
                                X