Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
    Beat me to it! Great video by Levi explaining the ULL I mentioned yesterday. I was hoping it would dive farther south pulling the system farther to the north. Unfortunately it has retracted allowing the nasty side to sit on Tx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
      Thanks for the link. He did a great job of explaining the potential situation in the top video.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        Hope this thing has a track to South Texas. We don't need the rain here in Houston.

Amen brother. Everyone please say a prayer for me and my family. We can't take another flood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
            Amen brother. Everyone please say a prayer for me and my family. We can't take another flood

No one needs a flood but the Houston area does need rain. Tanks are dropping and fields are burning up.

Comment

Thanks for the update Johnny. We will be making preparations.

Comment

Will be watching closely. Fired up my generator tonight for an hour and she's purring well.were stocked on most things but will need fuel.
                My boats in Sargent and will end up going and getting it depending how things develop hopefully just a tropical storm I really hate boarding a house on a ladder and my help (brother in law) is at Disneyland until monday so I also have his horses/pigs/dogs to think about. Hopefully this passes quickly. Looks like Texas is gonna get a lot of rain. Hope we don't get the wind

Comment

GFS 00z run just in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

When's landfall?? Maybe I missed that part.

Comment

In for some good news......

Comment

Appears both the Euro and GFS models have shifted east on the last run.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                          Appears both the Euro and GFS models have shifted east on the last run.

How Far East ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            How Far East ?
                            Not much but 50-100 miles over open water with good conditions and a slow moving storm it could possibly intensify. I honestly don't think will know much more of anything until later this evening after Recon flies and gather some data. It does appear the rain amounts have backed off so that's a good thing. There is actually some dry air being inhaled on the SW side and some shear on the NW side that will hopefully lower the intensity and rainfall amounts.

Last edited by Bonesplitter; 08-23-2017, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                              Not much but 50-100 miles over open water with good conditions and a slow moving storm it could possibly intensify. I honestly don't think will know much more of anything until later this evening after Recon flies and gather some data. It does appear the rain amounts have backed off so that's a good thing. There is actually some dry air being inhaled on the SW side and some shear on the NW side that will hopefully lower the intensity and rainfall amounts.

Well here's to hoping ol Harvey keep sucking in that dry air and he minimize the rainfall! I would like to see the whole **** thing just go away but that's probably not going to happen.

Thanks for the update and I'll be looking forward to the next one!

Comment

Watching and praying for everyone involved. Due to development around me I have a huge run off issues. If we get more than 5" in two hours, water is coming in the house. I'm getting a sump pump installed tomorrow and I'm renting a gas powered pump on Friday. I'm gonna try to be as prepared as possible. I see a few sleepless nights in my future

Comment

Working...
                                X