No announcement yet.

It's that time of year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 15th draw is in. Struck out this year...again.

Comment

just seems like in the past, it was noon or so, for the drawing results.

Comment

Drew Nannie stringfellow for second time and black gab for mule deer for the first time I'm excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drew Javelina at the Davis Mountain SP! Let the planning begin.

Comment

0/24 so far for this year between me and my son. Few more to go...

Comment

I'm done with tpwd draw hunts haven't been drawn in 9 years. Have better odds of drawing premier tags out west.

Comment

I drew richland creek - bow
                They haven't hunted it the last two years due to flooding and they moved the bow hunt to December vs October so it should be good. The first Rut will be long over but if we have cold weather There should be some prime opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I too went o-fer yesterday but after drawing 3 and being selected for a standby last year I'm not holding my breath this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                    Drew Nannie stringfellow for second time and black gab for mule deer for the first time I'm excited

Black Gap is one tough hunt. Did it three years ago and they were recovering from the drought. Saw 3 deer in 3 days of hunting. Staff said 2 groups left early because they never even saw an animal. Got close to some javelina but didn't want to pull the string on them at that time.

Possibly the best camping trip I've ever been on though. It is DARK at night and sunrises/sunsets are awesome on the mountains. Our compartment was over 10,000 acres!!! A couple primitive roads and a bunch of walking and glassing. Hunted over guzzlers a couple times but saw nothing and got tore up by mosquitos. I guess any bit of water in the desert attracted those dang things.

Comment

Working...
                    X