It's that time of year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that time of year

Let the ciphering of draw / success / VAC availability odds commence.

I just started to browse for a few minutes and no real surprises but like I said I've just given it a once over.

Alligator and Pronghorn are less than a month away....
    Attached Files

I'm tuned in and excited. Have already read over lots of changes to hunts, dates, # of permits, etc!

Comment

Sweet.

I was just about to start digging to see if this had been released yet

Have a lot of places with 7 or 8 points so somewhat excited yet not really expecting

Comment

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my kids put in for several of the youth hunts.

Now I gotta figure out which hunts I wanna try to draw for myself and apply for those soon.

Comment

Put in for my two older boys and myself. Now for the wait.

Comment

clearing a path to a stand

Has anyone taken the time to clear a path to a spot deep in an area on public grounds during the offseason? If so, how much do you clear out? Risk of tipping off other hunters?

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                Has anyone taken the time to clear a path to a spot deep in an area on public grounds during the offseason? If so, how much do you clear out? Risk of tipping off other hunters?
                Well, I guess if you could gain access to it during the off season, and knew for a fact you will get drawn and somehow know the exact compartment you will select, then you might be a step ahead of the others!!!

Comment

Not all hunting is done like you just described. General public land hunting for instance is what I referred to.

Comment

Not all hunting is done like you just described. General public land hunting for instance is what I referred to.
                    But this thread isn't about general public hunting ground. It's about the draw hunts.
                    But to your question, yes you could but why? I mean, once you clear out a path, other people will use it.

Comment

I know it wasn't the right place. The moderator said I couldn't start any new threads until I had mad (5) posts. So this was my only option. Sorry for inconvenience.

As for the path. I'm asking because trying to get back to a spot I found would be so noisy it would disturb the deer as I approached with any hunting equipment. I'm not talking about making a highway back there. But something inconspicuous.

Comment

I know it wasn't the right place. The moderator said I couldn't start any new threads until I had mad (5) posts. So this was my only option. Sorry for inconvenience.
                        Got'cha!! Was not aware of that. No problem.
                        You can do what I sometimes do at my place. I take my foot and rake out a trail the last 100yds to my stand. Then, as the leaves start to fall, on my way out, I clean it up again. Also, you can take some clippers and clip any brush back that will rub or catch on your clothes.

Comment

It's that time of year...pass over....

Pronghorn drew today.

Pending
                          2nd Draw

Comment

I like this.

Comment

jeez, no draws yet ?? Isn't this way later than normal? for the 15th due date, I mean ?

Comment

Working...
                              X