No announcement yet.

Ramcats or QAD exodus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramcats for me. I have bent and broke blades but they have always done the job when I do mine. Hard head to beat penetration wise like haas said above. I think a pack of 9 replacement blades is like 10-12 bucks maybe and you pretty much got 3 new broadheads. Been shooting some for a couple years now and they have been through plenty of animals.

Comment

Never worried about a bent or broken blade in any replaceable head i have ever used. I always replace the blades, never have resharpened any.

Comment

Ramcats are more forgiving than the Exodus will fly better at distance. They cut a bigger diameter hole. The Exodus are a more durable design, fly very well for any reasonable hunting distance. I use both. I prefer the 125 Ramcat for deer and like the Exodus for hogs, but either will work better than many other choices. No need for a mechanical when you can get 1-1/2" cut from a Ramcat that is so easy to tune.

Comment

I also have had good results with the Viper Trick broadheads . Cut nice holes & zip through hogs with no problems.

Comment

Everyone seems to be raving about the ramcat, maybe it's time I try them out

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	24431886
              Ramcat worked last night

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                With the razortricks being discontinued I want to try a new head this year. I like the looks of the QAD and it is supposed to be unltra sharp how is the durability compared to Ramcats?

Have you'll had any trouble with the blades holding up to hard impacts?

You know the Razor Tricks are the same concept only stronger right?

And of the 2 you mentioned. Ramcat.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                  Don't know what his failure is, but my buddy had 2 fail on him, and they both broke at the same spot

Are you certain those were not the Chinese knock offs that got out? Because they would fall all to pieces.

Comment

bought strait from ramcat website sir

Comment

Originally posted by TTORA View Post
                      bought strait from ramcat website sir

Did you send them back? I know Brett the owner. He won't stand for that. I've also never seen one break like that and I've shot cinder blocks with em.

Comment

Crazy deal for sure. I know i still have one of them i could send him back if you think he would be interested in seeing it?? Can pm me if you like

Comment

I have used the QAD exodus and I don't get good blood trails.

Comment

I use QAD's. They have worked great for me. I hit a doe low and Forward a couple of years ago and it broke both front legs. She didn't go far. I still use that same head. I just changed the blades.

Comment

Just made the switch to the QADs today in their 125 offering. Shot them this evening and there will be no re-sighting necessary. Very sharp and seem like they are going to be pretty durable. Taking them with me on my bear hunt in a few weeks. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ramcat makes a 125gr deep six, so it gets a spot in my quiver currently

Comment

Working...
                                X